mid cruise covid test? if booked 13 night itinerary versus B2B 7 and 6 nights

travelbug615

We are booked this month on a 13 night Caribbean itinerary that returns to Fort Lauderdale mid cruise.  It is also possible to book the 7 night and 6 night portions as B2B cruises.  Has anyone sailed recently with a itinerary that returns to Fort Lauderdale mid cruise?  If so did the ship test you for covid mid cruise?  From what I have read on CC people are getting tested by ships if they are doing B2B,  but I haven't heard about about mid cruise testing in passengers that have booked longer itineraries, like we are booked.  We will be on the Rotterdam.

Thanks

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, travelbug615 said:

We are booked this month on a 13 night Caribbean itinerary that returns to Fort Lauderdale mid cruise.  It is also possible to book the 7 night and 6 night portions as B2B cruises.  Has anyone sailed recently with a itinerary that returns to Fort Lauderdale mid cruise?  If so did the ship test you for covid mid cruise?  From what I have read on CC people are getting tested by ships if they are doing B2B,  but I haven't heard about about mid cruise testing in passengers that have booked longer itineraries, like we are booked.  We will be on the Rotterdam.

Thanks

We did an itinerary in November/December on the Rotterdam that was similar to your situation. We were tested 2 days prior to the FLL turnaround day.

We were tested on the ship for the back to back.  It happened 2 days before disembarkation.  We just had a question with our PCC concerning an upcoming cruise.  We sail for 11 days and then disembark to another HAL ship on that day.  It seemed complicated, but she said that they can do that before the end of our first sailing.  And then we will have that information for the next sailing.