Temperatures in common areas

runnerswife

Just came off a Celebrity cruise mid December and the temperature in all common areas was

freezing.  To us it was so cold we had the heat on in our cabin.  Someone said they are doing

this to keep the germs away.  Would  someone on any of the Regent ships now comment, please

as we are on the Explorer in Feb. Want to make sure we pack warm clothes (this time) if we

need,  Thanks,  Mary 

I've been sailing Regent ships for years, and was on Explorer in November. They used to keep the common areas quite chilly, but in the past several years--and on our Explorer cruise--those rooms were generally a comfortable temperature.  And I'm someone who tends to be cold. I do carry a sweater or shawl with me in the evening, but on this last cruise I rarely needed it.

Mariner on her 'Reemergence' cruise from Miami, through the Panama Canal and up to San Francisco maintained a comfortable temperature [for LW and I] throughout.   I agree with 'Dr. Iva' that the first seating in Compass Rose or the Constellation Theater might have initially felt colder but normalized as either more people came in - or we adjusted.   It was remarkable that Panama was in the Mid-Nineties and San Francisco was the Lower-Fifties and each day the interior was relatively unchanged.