specialty dining promotion

cmp702

I booked a cruise that included 1 night of specialty dining.  When I go to book dining through the app, it is making me pay with my credit card with no option to use this promotion.  Does anyone know if there is a way to redeem this and make a reservation before boarding, or do I have to wait until we're on the ship?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cmp702 said:

I booked a cruise that included 1 night of specialty dining.  When I go to book dining through the app, it is making me pay with my credit card with no option to use this promotion.  Does anyone know if there is a way to redeem this and make a reservation before boarding, or do I have to wait until we're on the ship?

I am unable to book a complimentary specialty dinner & posts I’ve read other people had the same experiences. There has been a card in the cabin explaining how to make a reservation.

15 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

I was able to book for my January 31 sailing and showed I didn't owe anything since it was included in princess plus.  In medallion app

You did not owe anything because of a SD promotion when you booked.  It has nothing to do with Princess Plus (that includes crew incentive, internet & drink package).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avonlady6390 said:

I was able to book for my January 31 sailing and showed I didn't owe anything since it was included in princess plus.  In medallion app

I tried to do it through the medallion app...that is my question.  How did you apply the promo through the app?  When I go to do it, doesn't give me the option to use my promo, it only shows like it's going to charge my credit card on file. 

1 hour ago, avonlady6390 said:

Yes, the Best Sale Ever package includes the specialty dinner. 

I also get the specialty dinner promotion and am unable to book it on the app. 

7 minutes ago, dog said:

Yes, the Best Sale Ever package includes the specialty dinner. 

I also get the specialty dinner promotion and am unable to book it on the app. 

Right - a SD credit is part of B.S.E., but has never been a part of PLUS.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

Right - a SD credit is part of B.S.E., but has never been a part of PLUS.

yes, when several of us booked the Premium Plus option, shortly after they offered the specialty dinner, so we called and had it added. Then they offered free chocolates vojerp told us about, but I did not bother to add that. 

no problem 

This is another area where for whatever reason the Medallion App seems to be hit or miss. Some people (including me) have found that the app shows the specialty dining credit and have been able to book using the credit (see photo of how credit appears).  Others have not had the credit show in their App.  

If you have a specialty dining credit and haven’t been able to use it pre-boarding in the last you would  typically receive a card in your stateroom assigning you a time and location. If you don’t want the time or location you are assigned, or if you don’t get a card, you can call the dine line to arrange desired location and time or visit the specialty dining location to reserve.

FECDFA14-BFA8-46D3-A7BD-83972769B968.thumb.jpeg.55680de5ac184eb4e4575f8c3f517e38.jpeg

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Folks maybe trying too early to make their dining reservations.  When I first attempted to make the dining reservation on the medallion, it just showed one credit and wanted a credit card payment for the other person.  I checked again the following week (21 days in advance of travel) and both credits showed up.   It is fluky! 

• Thanks 1

I have both the promotion dinner and the suite first night dinner on the 2/12/22 Emerald Panama Canal cruise.  When I booked Sabatini for Day 1 on the Medallion app I immediately got a $50 charge on my credit card.  I “Live Chatted” yesterday and was told that this issue is a known glitch and that once I get on board I will get a credit on my shipboard account.  Not a perfect answer, but still OK.

• Thanks 1