Upgrade Beverage Package Question (hey, it’s not covid!)

helen haywood

I’ve never upgraded our Classic to Premium beverage package onboard before.  (Plenty of times beforehand taking advantage of the Elite + discount…but this time have a lot of OBC I need to use.)  From all I’ve read you just go to any bar and do it.  My husband is being a total wet blanket and saying their computers aren’t up when we first board (before noon) and there is no way this can be done.  He is correct that sometimes our first drink is just written up on paper as the system isn’t up yet.  I’ve said all I’ve read is yes one can and I don’t know exactly how.

Does the bartender just put a PALL sticker on your card?  And is your transformation instantaneous regardless of how early it is?

No problem to do it. We upgraded on our Nov sailing at the Martini bar directly after boarding before we ordered our first delectable cocktail. They hand wrote the uncharge on a the paper slip for us to sign and added the PAL sticker to our card. Easy-peasy!!  We saw the charge on our account the next morning.

Yes, it's instant and you get a PALL sticker.

On our Reflection cruise in Nov, they wrote up our upgrades by hand at the Sunset. No issues whatsoever, and the good bartenders make sure you have the drink first, so you have something to do while they wok on the upgrade 🙂