Can someone clarify Antigen or PCR

kayjay76

CVS testing PCR or Antigen, is Antigen ok...

I need to schedule our pre cruise tests for next week. I'd like to take the antigen test at CVS because we can have results quick. And as we are driving from New England to Miami, it's be nice to know before we leave. So my question is this... I've read that NCL says PCR 1st but if not readily available, an antigen test with name, date etc (from a lab im assuming) will do. Is this the case? If I test positive at the pier, will they accept my negative lab Antigen test for FCC or help with expenses

Well, Never mind... Went to book our tests and from Massachusetts the closest antigen appointment that is open is in Maine lol. So glad I went on now to book our test for next Sunday 16th since they just opened up appointments 2 hours ago. Nothing was available up until that Sunday, glad I didn't wait til the am to look and book. We'll take an at home just to be sure before we test at Walgreens and then we are off on our long journey to drive to Maimi.

The test you take yourself can be a proctored antigen or a PCR.  It's only a CYA in case you test positive at the port.  If you took your own negative test prior to travel to the port then test positive at the port NCL SHOULD assist with quarantine/isolation costs not covered by your trip insurance.

You are not required to test, but if you want assistance you need the negative test.