Anyone on board Equinox now with January 9, 2022 sailing?

TourDeCruise

7 hours ago, chamima said:

How is the seating in Blu?

Have they made more space between the two tops that, in the past were so close you were almost sharing tables?

Some tables are closer together than others (too close for my comfort level). Since the dining room is no where filled to capacity, it is easy to request a 2-top further away from other tables. Go early the first night and request that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

Some tables are closer together than others (too close for my comfort level). Since the dining room is no where filled to capacity, it is easy to request a 2-top further away from other tables. Go early the first night and request that.

Thanks!!!

The only tables I remember with any space around them were in the back room but that’s also where the large table (for 8 or 10 people) was so not only does it get noisy but would seem to be an awful place to sit with all of those unmasked people talking loudly to each other. 
I was kind of hoping they had removed some tables to make for more spacing in the two front rooms. 

My husband and I disembarked from the Equinox on Friday, January 21. My husband tested positive onboard requiring quarantine, I was able to stay in our cabin in concierge, however he was moved to a cabin on deck 6, his cabin number was in the 6200 area, the COVID cabins are aft on deck 6. I would be concerned with the cabins nearby and on deck 7 above. The medical team took good care of him and Celebrity offered free internet, movies and calls to the U.S., it still was boring however. The biggest complaint he had was with the room service menu and food - very bland and it arrived in a box which turned to soil after 90 days, he had to laugh that he was eating off dirt! I spoke with the dining room maitre d who did send him some better food but after several days in isolation he had understandably lost his appetite. Celebrity had a well thought out protocols for dealing with the virus, however neither of us is anxious to cruise again in the near future.

42 minutes ago, Joanelle6635 said:

My husband and I disembarked from the Equinox on Friday, January 21. My husband tested positive onboard requiring quarantine, I was able to stay in our cabin in concierge, however he was moved to a cabin on deck 6, his cabin number was in the 6200 area, the COVID cabins are aft on deck 6. I would be concerned with the cabins nearby and on deck 7 above. The medical team took good care of him and Celebrity offered free internet, movies and calls to the U.S., it still was boring however. The biggest complaint he had was with the room service menu and food - very bland and it arrived in a box which turned to soil after 90 days, he had to laugh that he was eating off dirt! I spoke with the dining room maitre d who did send him some better food but after several days in isolation he had understandably lost his appetite. Celebrity had a well thought out protocols for dealing with the virus, however neither of us is anxious to cruise again in the near future.

Hope he is fully recovered and feeling better soon if not already.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

Could you have brought him food or drinks and left them at the door or was that prohibited?

2 hours ago, Joanelle6635 said:

So sorry to hear.  Hope he’s feeling better.  How many days did he have to quarantine on the ship?

11 hours ago, RBKL said:

Hope he is fully recovered and feeling better soon if not already.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

Could you have brought him food or drinks and left them at the door or was that prohibited?

He's feeling so much better! I couldn't bring him anything, they won't let anyone in the area unless it's the staff, however I did succeed in getting some lobster sent to him on Wednesday night, it just didn't taste the same coming from a box and cold. The process to exit the ship was great, they come to get him and myself simultaneously, we exit from a different deck from the other passengers and meet at a car waiting for us to deliver us to our car, that was pretty cool!

16 hours ago, chamima said:

Thanks!!!

The only tables I remember with any space around them were in the back room but that’s also where the large table (for 8 or 10 people) was so not only does it get noisy but would seem to be an awful place to sit with all of those unmasked people talking loudly to each other. 
I was kind of hoping they had removed some tables to make for more spacing in the two front rooms. 

It does not look like they removed tables to me, and some AQ tables for two are very close as you recall and as is typical in Blu. But they are not seating people at two close tables and are leaving space that way. We only have around 150 versus 260 guests in Aqua Class, so they can space people better. A lot of people request to sit by the window, so it is more tightly packed by the window. We are going at 6pm and have had plenty of empty space around us. We are opting to sit far from the window against the “walll” with the open holes. Some groups are still sitting at the big tables.

Food and service are excellent in Blu, and our sommelier Dennis is one of the very best we have had in our many cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Production shows are back on this cruise. Last night was Elysium production show. Tonight we have Lady Valentine which according to posts on this thread from the January 9th cruise is supposed to be very good.

Today and yesterday are/were sea days. Yesterday we had the Captain’s Club party at the Lawn Club, which was very enjoyable. Much better than in the Sky Lounge. We had lunch at Sushi on Five yesterday and will go there again today.

Tomorrow is Bonaire.

• Like 1

Our Lady Valentine show tonight was excellent. A do-not miss if you like rock music which we certainly do.

Captain Matt came on in the late afternoon to announce one guest positive case of Covid. Contact tracing negative, no positive cases. He also announced that vaccinated guests can go out in Aruba and Curacao independently without a Celebrity excursion. This is a change from our previous requirement to have Celebrity excursions in both ports. We still need a Celebrity excursion in Bonaire tomorrow to leave the ship.

Edited by TourDeCruise
  • Like 1