February Regatta cruises cancelled

maadimom

1 minute ago, Funtravel66 said:

I’m not kidding if that’s what you think!  They originally were to be on the Paul Gauguin but for some reason they lost their spot. So between the two Tahiti cruises in March that’s where they are.  Advertised as no masks, multiple “play” areas, etc. I don’t know how Oceania can let this go on with the guidelines set forth. Maybe because it’s a charter? I still would think they would have to follow the rules. I can’t help but wonder how the islands that they are stopping at, which is the same itinerary as the others, would go along with these non existent protocols.  There definitely won’t be any social distancing on this cruise. 

Be nice if someone would post as it goes on.  Even send some pictures.   Would like to follow along. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’m not happy about this at all. We are booked on this ship the following week. I honestly can’t believe that it will be disinfected, sanitized etc when it docks on the exact same day we embark. I’m not a prude by any means, but Rules are rules and they will not be following any CDC or Oceania rules. Nude in pools,  larger rooms are set up with mattresses for whatever they want to do, no masks, no distancing. And my family who are required to mask up everywhere and follow the rules will be there a few hours after they disembark.   Insane. I did contact guest relations and all they could see was that week is blocked out.  I always thought of Oceania as a higher end cruise.  This was going to be our trip of a lifetime. Yes we were worried about Covid, but we are vaccinated and felt with all of the safety measures put in place, we would be just fine. Now after learning this, I am not sure at all.  Check it out yourselves.  LLV-club.com.  

1 hour ago, Funtravel66 said:

Check it out yourselves.  LLV-club.com.  

Wait, wait, wait. Before I put that term into my Google search, to be reviewed by the IBF and ASN, (read backwards), Perhaps I should know what I am going to find!

This reminds me when my boys were college-age and they started a T-shirt company. I saw some of the proposed designs, but didn’t understand the references. I was not about to ask my son what it meant because I didn’t want to know the answer.

For the same reason, I never learned cuss words in foreign languages, because I’m always afraid I will get it wrong! 🙃

On 1/11/2022 at 4:22 PM, Funtravel66 said:

There isn’t a 7 day gap. There is a chartered “lifestyle” cruise those days. Swingers cruise. 

Maybe the cruises to PPT will be cancelled by then at the rate things are going  some Countries will be not allowing ships to dock

JMO

21 minutes ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

I feel sorry for the cabin stewards on a swingers cruise.

Why?? Do you believe many regular cruisers don’t have sex on cruises? Perhaps your personal experiences are different from others! 😂😂 Laughing at the comments suggesting they couldn’t stay in a room or bed where someone had sex the night before!  Imagine if it wasn’t missionary style ! 😂😂

Sheets get changed regardless the activities the night before! 😎

Perhaps after living four years in Europe during the 70s I’m not quite as prudish as some here. Nudity at many public beaches, pools, saunas, hotel hot tubs , etc , was common.  Are some confusing Oceania with Church Camp?? 🤔

New cabin cruising request : I want a non smoking, non sex cabin. Can guest be required to shower/bath partially clothed? 🤪😱

Edited by pinotlover
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Why?? Do you believe many regular cruisers don’t have sex on cruises? Perhaps your personal experiences are different from others! 😂😂 Laughing at the comments suggesting they couldn’t stay in a room or bed where someone had sex the night before!  Imagine if it wasn’t missionary style ! 😂😂

Sheets get changed regardless the activities the night before! 😎

Perhaps after living four years in Europe during the 70s I’m not quite as prudish as some here. Nudity at many public beaches, pools, saunas, hotel hot tubs , etc , was common.  Are some confusing Oceania with Church Camp?? 🤔

New cabin cruising request : I want a non smoking, non sex cabin. Can guest be required to shower/bath partially clothed? 🤪😱

It was a joke.

It’s not about the sex. It is about the not following rules that everyone else has to, getting on and off the ship in ports, etc and then taking whatever back to the others and crew.  The crew will be in a position to be exposed a lot more after this cruise and my family is on the next one. That’s my issue. I have travel insurance and am going to wait until mid Feb and see what the situation is at that time.  We have been looking forward to this for 2 years.  Hopefully it all works out 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Funtravel66 said:

It’s not about the sex. It is about the not following rules that everyone else has to, getting on and off the ship in ports, etc and then taking whatever back to the others and crew.  The crew will be in a position to be exposed a lot more after this cruise and my family is on the next one. That’s my issue. I have travel insurance and am going to wait until mid Feb and see what the situation is at that time.  We have been looking forward to this for 2 years.  Hopefully it all works out 

And how do you know they will not follow the rules?  I am sure the crew will be there to make sure just like any other cruise.    Just sounds like it  could be a lot of fun.    Need to change the name of the ship to THE FUN SHIP  for the week. 

They aren’t going to mask/social distance.  Like I said, you can find a lot of info if you look.  I’m sure it would be fun, in non covid times.  Heck we would probably love it too!  We aren’t prudes!!!  So tired of all this, hoping someday back to not even thinking about any of it!  So, we just wait and see… like someone else said, it’s still two months away. A lot can change between now and then, for the better or worse!  Let’s all hope better!  We need a trip, BAD!!

4 hours ago, Funtravel66 said:

The crew  & pax will be tested  before the ports will allow people off  so if there is an outbreak I bet the cruise line have a CYA clause  in the contract  & masking  will be required

The ship will be cleaned  between cruises same as the latest cruises  are

JMO

I do wonder which of the venues will be the “play room” as it was described. 

No problem with swingers and lifestyle fun btw just curious about how it would work on a cruise during a pandemic. It’s not the most socially distant activity.

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

The crew  & pax will be tested  before the ports will allow people off  so if there is an outbreak I bet the cruise line have a CYA clause  in the contract  & masking  will be required

The ship will be cleaned  between cruises same as the latest cruises  are

JMO

I'm not so sure about this given that all the ports are in French Polynesia.  They would be sailing within the same jurisdiction for the duration of the cruise.  We are on the following cruise plus the one after (30 days, back to LA).  One of the draws for this was that we would not have to worry about missing stops along the way or testing between ports; however, perhaps I'm wrong about how it will work.  I'm not overly worried about being on the cruise following the charter except for the fact that the crew is likely to be exposed to virus more than they otherwise would be.

4 hours ago, Funtravel66 said:

They aren’t going to mask/social distance.  Like I said, you can find a lot of info if you look.  I’m sure it would be fun, in non covid times.  Heck we would probably love it too!  We aren’t prudes!!!  So tired of all this, hoping someday back to not even thinking about any of it!  So, we just wait and see… like someone else said, it’s still two months away. A lot can change between now and then, for the better or worse!  Let’s all hope better!  We need a trip, BAD!!

+ 1

28 minutes ago, vlthom said:

I'm not so sure about this given that all the ports are in French Polynesia.  They would be sailing within the same jurisdiction for the duration of the cruise.  We are on the following cruise plus the one after (30 days, back to LA).  One of the draws for this was that we would not have to worry about missing stops along the way or testing between ports; however, perhaps I'm wrong about how it will work.  I'm not overly worried about being on the cruise following the charter except for the fact that the crew is likely to be exposed to virus more than they otherwise would be.

All the ports are in French Polynesia but they're now requiring a "Health Pass" for people who travel from Tahiti and Moorea to the outer islands. I've read the document on their website but it's vague how one goes about obtaining a "Health Pass."  Apparently it's not enough to have a vaccination card. We now need to present a "Health Pass".  

FP has very strict requirements in place and it's mind-boggling for me as one tourist to figure it all out. It must be overwhelming to Oceania to wade through all of it. I think the email that was sent to the February passengers about cancellation referred to the entry requirements. If these requirements are still in place next month, I'm expecting the March cruises to be cancelled as well.  Stay tuned.

JMO, of course.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

All the ports are in French Polynesia but they're now requiring a "Health Pass" for people who travel from Tahiti and Moorea to the outer islands. I've read the document on their website but it's vague how one goes about obtaining a "Health Pass."  Apparently it's not enough to have a vaccination card. We now need to present a "Health Pass".  

FP has very strict requirements in place and it's mind-boggling for me as one tourist to figure it all out. It must be overwhelming to Oceania to wade through all of it. I think the email that was sent to the February passengers about cancellation referred to the entry requirements. If these requirements are still in place next month, I'm expecting the March cruises to be cancelled as well.  Stay tuned.

JMO, of course.

Obviously, I'm behind on what requirements are currently in place -- and you are certainly correct in saying that it must be overwhelming for Oceania to keep up-to-date with all of it.  I'd been thinking that after the February FP cruises were cancelled that Oceania would simply axe the remaining few, too.  Ordinarily, I plan ahead far in advance.  We were supposed to do this cruise back in March 2020 but it was cancelled at the last minute.  I then moved all our deposits that were holding other cruises to this one in March of 2022, thinking that it was so far out in the future that COVID would be a thing of the past.  Ha!  Now our final payment is coming up very soon and I must decide what to do.  It feels a bit like deja vu.  

3 hours ago, Crystal Eyes said:

It's just revenue to the cruise line, and I remember reading that the crew on these were fine with it.

I bet they were.😂

Hubby and I had to take a look at what all the fuss is about.I see every night is advertised with a theme and all advertising scantily clad women.

Top suites sold out!