Any tips or insights when on a Cunard waitlist?

frankp01

12 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Pay no attention to waitlists. Check online each day and twice a day if it’s important enough to really want a cabin.

Thanks so much! Yes, this is the trip of a lifetime for us, as my parents are starting to have more health issues. I really want a cabin for them. 🙂 

11 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

If you are in PG or QG and your parents get a berth in Britannia, just remember that they will not be able to dine with you, but you can downgrade your dining.

Hope you are lucky in securing the cruise for them.

Good to know, thank you @LadyL1. We are in Britannia now, on the waitlist for an upgrade. I'm not as concerned for us, as I am for them.

I should add that they are #8 on the waitlist with 30 days to go. After browsing other threads, it seems like that's a pretty good position? Also, their WL page has the option to pay in full, which made us wonder if that's typical. Or if they just haven't been notified yet, as it's the weekend. As of a few moments ago, everything was still sold out. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PNW_Travlr said:

I should add that they are #8 on the waitlist with 30 days to go. After browsing other threads, it seems like that's a pretty good position? Also, their WL page has the option to pay in full, which made us wonder if that's typical. Or if they just haven't been notified yet, as it's the weekend. As of a few moments ago, everything was still sold out. 

As long as you keep checking the website I would suggest at least twice a day you may be lucky.  Please don’t rely on being contacted directly you need to keep checking for yourself on this one. Not sure how payment works for U S guests. In U K  We can’t pay for a waitlisted cabin deposit or otherwise. Might be worth ringing Cunard and find out why they have been offered option to pay. Good luck and keep us posted. 

Edited by Winifred 22

2 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Might be worth ringing Cunard and find out why they have been offered option to pay. Good luck and keep us posted. 

Thanks Winifred! Yes, as soon as I wake in the morning, I'll call Cunard. My mom and I are both checking the website too much! 😄 Difficult to be patient. 

• Like 1

I called Cunard this morning and asked about the balance on my parents' account. She told me they are still #8 on the waitlist, and that they will email her when a room becomes available. She said they could pay the balance showing, but that it wouldn't be processed until there was a room to apply it to, and the price may change depending on the category of room. I imagine she is probably instructed to say when, rather than if. Meanwhile, we are still checking the website ourselves.

1 hour ago, PNW_Travlr said:

I called Cunard this morning and asked about the balance on my parents' account. She told me they are still #8 on the waitlist, and that they will email her when a room becomes available. She said they could pay the balance showing, but that it wouldn't be processed until there was a room to apply it to, and the price may change depending on the category of room. I imagine she is probably instructed to say when, rather than if. Meanwhile, we are still checking the website ourselves.

Definitely keep checking minimum twice a day . First thing in the morning in case system updates over night for your first check. Good luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PNW_Travlr said:

I just got an email about our booking. An offer to upgrade to Britannia Club Balcony from Britannia Balcony. What is the difference, besides $1k? 

I wouldn’t because unless your parents are also in club you won’t be able to eat together. The restaurant is the only perk for club so it would be a waste of money. I personally don’t think the premium they charge is worth it. I could have another cruise for that amount. Others may tell you otherwise. The cabins depending on ship may have a glass shower door instead of a curtain and a coffee machine other than that they are the same. 

32 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I wouldn’t because unless your parents are also in club you won’t be able to eat together. The restaurant is the only perk for club so it would be a waste of money. I personally don’t think the premium they charge is worth it. I could have another cruise for that amount. Others may tell you otherwise. The cabins depending on ship may have a glass shower door instead of a curtain and a coffee machine other than that they are the same. 

Ok, very good to know, thanks! Yea, that seemed a bit steep.

Posted (edited)

UPDATE: My parents got a balcony room! Per the advice here on the forum, I checked the website several times a day. This morning I saw a balcony stateroom, so I immediately called my mom, who immediately called Cunard. They don't have a stateroom number assignment yet, but they did get a guarantee. They paid and all is well!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful advice! ☺️

They never received an email with an offer of availability. I called about a dining preference change a little later this morning, and the woman said they were "very lucky" to get a stateroom, and that she just got off the phone with someone who she put on the waitlist at #51. 

Edited by PNW_Travlr
typo
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, PNW_Travlr said:

UPDATE: My parents got a balcony room! Per the advice here on the forum, I checked the website several times a day. This morning I saw a balcony stateroom, so I immediately called my mom, who immediately called Cunard. They don't have a stateroom number assignment yet, but they did get a guarantee. They paid and all is well!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful advice! ☺️

They never received an email with an offer of availability. I called about a dining preference change a little later this morning, and the woman said they were "very lucky" to get a stateroom, and that she just got off the phone with someone who she put on the waitlist at #51. 

Brilliant so excited for you. Well done .I am so glad you kept checking and sorted it for yourself. I don’t have much faith in the wait list system and as you proved constant checking can pay dividends. Good job too you didn’t go for the club upgrade, now you can all eat together. Have a fabulous cruise all of you. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

Brilliant so excited for you. Well done .I am so glad you kept checking and sorted it for yourself. I don’t have much faith in the wait list system and as you proved constant checking can pay dividends. Good job too you didn’t go for the club upgrade, now you can all eat together. Have a fabulous cruise all of you. 

Yes! I would not have known about that Club upgrade had you not mentioned it. I can't thank you enough!

Edited by PNW_Travlr
typo

I know I’m late to this, but just want to throw my hat in and also vouch for constantly checking even if on a waitlist.

That’s the only reason I’ve been able to remain onboard Queen Anne for longer than originally planned. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MylesS said:

I know I’m late to this, but just want to throw my hat in and also vouch for constantly checking even if on a waitlist.

That’s the only reason I’ve been able to remain onboard Queen Anne for longer than originally planned. 

That's fantastic! I'm a true believer now.