S5 premium suite on royal class - experiences?

ozziebound

Hi everyone! 

My wife and are booked on discovery princess in may - we chose an S5 which is premium suite in a corner... We're C101. Front corner of the ship.

Anyone sailed in one of these? I have only been able to find a few pics. 

Thanks! 

Adam 

Hi Adam,

My wife and I cruised in a S5 on the Royal Princess in February, 2020, and we loved it. The living room and bathroom are set up like any other full suite, but the bedroom is huge. I loved having the forward-facing window, and I did not mind the sloping wall at all. There were two large closets in the bedroom (not walk-in), and plenty of drawers under the forward-facing window. I liked the small balcony, but some may find it to be too small. 

One thing to note is the walk to the Concierge Lounge is long. On our cruise, the concierge was almost shocked to see guests from the S5. Apparently, a lot of passwngers sailing in these suites do not bother to visit the lounge because of how far of a walk it is. In my opinion, the lounge and dedicated concierge are well worth the walk. I know there are some video room tours that do a good job exploring the S5.

Have a blast on your cruise and enjoy the suite!

7 hours ago, al3987 said:

Hi Adam,

My wife and I cruised in a S5 on the Royal Princess in February, 2020, and we loved it. The living room and bathroom are set up like any other full suite, but the bedroom is huge. I loved having the forward-facing window, and I did not mind the sloping wall at all. There were two large closets in the bedroom (not walk-in), and plenty of drawers under the forward-facing window. I liked the small balcony, but some may find it to be too small. 

One thing to note is the walk to the Concierge Lounge is long. On our cruise, the concierge was almost shocked to see guests from the S5. Apparently, a lot of passwngers sailing in these suites do not bother to visit the lounge because of how far of a walk it is. In my opinion, the lounge and dedicated concierge are well worth the walk. I know there are some video room tours that do a good job exploring the S5.

Have a blast on your cruise and enjoy the suite!

Agree totally with the above thoughts. The S5 is our absolute favourite cabin and we have stayed in 2 on Regal Princess and 2 on Sky Princess.Also booked this cabin on 2 future cruises. We were in C101 on Regal a week before the lady in this vlog - she does a good tour of the cabin from 15 minutes onwards.

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

We stayed in the premium suite on the Royal  plus we have stayed in the penthouse? suites (the ones closest to the concierge lounge on deck 14)

and we much preferred the ones near the lounge   The premium suite was large but the sloping walls in the bedroom we did not care for   Also the mini-couch was uncomfortable and the walk to everything on the aft was very long     Being near the concierge lounge was very nice   A hint on getting one of these penthouse suites is, since they often don't show up on princess site for booking, you need to call to book one or to switch from another room already booked   On a big box retailer site you can see them available but often not on the princess site