Formal - or Gala Nights - on an Alaskan Cruise

arlsvera

Will there be a formal (gala night) on a 7 day Alaskan cruise?  I realize that the dress codes have been relaxed in recent years, but my group would actually like to dress up.  Is there typically one designated night for that on Alaska cruises? (I realize we could dress up on any night .. but you know what I mean .. an actual designated night?!)

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, arlsvera said:

Will there be a formal (gala night) on a 7 day Alaskan cruise?  I realize that the dress codes have been relaxed in recent years, but my group would actually like to dress up.  Is there typically one designated night for that on Alaska cruises? (I realize we could dress up on any night .. but you know what I mean .. an actual designated night?!)

Thanks in advance!

Two Gala Nights per 7-day Alaska cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arlsvera said:

Thanks in advance!

Typically, Gala Nights are held on the first full sea day, and the next to the last day of the cruise.  For a Saturday-Saturday sailing typically Sunday and Thursday would be the Gala nights.

First night is embarkation day, which will never be a Gala night.

The first full day (second night) is typically a sea day and a Gala night.

On inside passage round trips out of Vancouver I have had gala nights both on night 4 (Glacier Bay) and night 5 (Ketchikan) since Ketchikan tends to be an early departure.

Most ladies seem to opt for black pants and a dressy top. You can accessorize with jewelry. 

I remember on my last HAL cruise feeling underdressed during Happy Hour listening to the live combo because we hadn't yet changed for the Formal Night dinner (I think we got there when it started at 4-4:30).  Felt like a slacker!  LOL

Thanks .. it appears that my group might get a formal night after all!  We are leaving from Seattle, so probably the 2nd night (as visagrunt said) and then probably on the second to last night - the Ketchican day (as Ferry_Watcher said).  I hope others on the ship participate.  Most importantly, we will pack accordingly!

• Like 2