How much info is RC looking for in Covid test results?

Phych

EDIT:

Just found the information on RCs testing page

• You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

Unfortunately it looks like I'll need to pay for a test since there's no lab information. Leaving post up in case anyone else has a similar inquiry.

---------------------------------------

I work at a college that offers testing for free for the purpose of clearing students to come on campus. I did a test run of the Covid testing and the info provided doesn't give too much detail, as shown in the picture. Do you guys know if this is sufficient for pre cruise testing?

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 2.38.37 AM.png

Edited by Phych

2 hours ago, Phych said:

EDIT:

Just found the information on RCs testing page

• You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

Unfortunately it looks like I'll need to pay for a test since there's no lab information. Leaving post up in case anyone else has a similar inquiry.

---------------------------------------

I work at a college that offers testing for free for the purpose of clearing students to come on campus. I did a test run of the Covid testing and the info provided doesn't give too much detail, as shown in the picture. Do you guys know if this is sufficient for pre cruise testing?

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 2.38.37 AM.png

Looks like that's an e-chart type of result.  Does it give you an option somewhere to "download your results" as a PDF of some sort?  If so, that page probably has all the necessary info on one page, including your name, DOB, and lab name/contact info.

On 1/14/2022 at 5:01 AM, brillohead said:

Looks like that's an e-chart type of result.  Does it give you an option somewhere to "download your results" as a PDF of some sort?  If so, that page probably has all the necessary info on one page, including your name, DOB, and lab name/contact info.

Unfortunately there's no download option of any kind. The page given is just text saying the result. There's a "Test Results" button, but it just shows the attached picture.

I don't mind going somewhere else, but the upcoming subsidized Covid tests make me worry about availability.

When we cruised in October we used a local family medical office (and plan to use again on next cruise).  BUT we were stressed from the time we got the results until they let us on the ship. Granted, when we got to port, they told us it was ok, but still, until ON the ship, right?  So, our test results were basically like they took the printout results and put in a photocopier with a 'template' over it. On the template they hand wrote our names, dob, date/time of test, etc..  The template had preprinted their office info along with type of test etc..  Luckily (in my mind) the notes of test date/time,etc handwritten matched the printed test results.  BUT we were afraid since there was some handwriting they would reject it. I was told they see that all the time. 

Here's hoping they continue accepting it.  Either way, we will bring our Abbot tests as back up.

Thanx for the info.
Erika

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phych said:

Unfortunately there's no download option of any kind. The page given is just text saying the result. There's a "Test Results" button, but it just shows the attached picture.

I don't mind going somewhere else, but the upcoming subsidized Covid tests make me worry about availability.

The subsidized tests and their availability are not an issue as they are for at home ( or work) non proctored results. Employers and schools and families can use them ; they are not the same as the lab results or the proctored tests. So it doesn't matter what their availability is because they cannot be used for purposes of travel.

You need to go to a lab , a pharmacy offering Covid tests or purchase the proctored tests . The link is on the Royal website. It would be awful to be rejected at the pier!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

The subsidized tests and their availability are not an issue as they are for at home ( or work) non proctored results. Employers and schools and families can use them ; they are not the same as the lab results or the proctored tests. So it doesn't matter what their availability is because they cannot be used for purposes of travel.

You need to go to a lab , a pharmacy offering Covid tests or purchase the proctored tests . The link is on the Royal website. It would be awful to be rejected at the pier!!

Not entirely true.  Binax sells the same exact product for proctored tests.  The only difference is the proctor access.  So if the push from the govt is for home testing, they could reduce the number of proctored versions for sale.  Capacity isn’t going to change over night and if the govt pushes them for the more simply unverified at home test, who knows what they will decide. 

With that said, by the time the subsidized tests get to the folks that actually need them, the omicron wave will be winding down or gone.  So I doubt it will impact the ability to get a proctored antigen test anything soon.  

On 1/18/2022 at 4:57 AM, birdylady said:

BUT we were afraid since there was some handwriting they would reject it.

The wording on the Royal website has concerned a lot of people.  

What they mean is that you can't just write, "Jane Doe tested negative for COVID on MM/DD/YY" on a prescription pad and call it good enough.  

The results you describe with the test results, type of test that was performed, the doctor's office contact information, etc., is the type of info they're looking for.