The Daily for Saturday 01/15/2022

richwmn

18 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jack, we have been on two Carnival cruises.  The first in 1991 with teen DDs during spring break.  We enjoyed the cruise, but spring break is not the time to go on Carnival.  In about 1997 or 1998, we did another Carnival cruise and enjoyed it.  By then, the food had improved greatly.  I can't help you with how it will be now though.

Similarly I took my two daughters when young teenagers and their mother on an NCL cruise in 1997. I am sure NCL is not the same as it was then as well. We sailed aboard the NCL Leeward which was a small cruise ship only 476 feet long. It has a rather storied career including sinking at one time. I had prepped their mother with a cruise to nowhere earlier before the plunge of a real cruise. My older daughter and her mother this time didn't care for the motion of the ocean though, so we never did another family cruise. After my years in the Coast Guard I still enjoy sea days the best. Thankfully Sue agrees.

• Like 4