Upgraded to Ocean Suite on Mardi Gras

sd63

I was on the Mardi Gras for NYE.

The ship is so big I think it's more important where your room is, as opposed to what type.

I'm sure you know that the rooms are way narrower then most ships. If an Ocean Suite is wider then it is totally worth the price.

Enjoy the ship.

• Like 1

Many of the cabins on Mardi Gras are designed so the head of one bed juts into the space of the one next door, and that cabins bed juts into the other. One has the bed toward the door and the other toward the balcony. I think you will enjoy the suite. The price is sure reasonable. 

• Like 1

Really good deal and definitely great that you snagged it, and  I’m totally jealous of your room...I have an Ocean Suite for an upcoming Mardi Gras  (upgrade from a balcony) which cost less than yours BUT I’m in an Ocean Suite on the 9th floor which has that horrible white overhang on 8 jutting out right where my balcony is.

Since I think the entire joy of a balcony is getting to look directly into the water,  I feel that when booking this room, either direct book or upgrade, there should be some sort of a notation about that white overhang. That said, this is a “girls trip” and I’m traveling with another creative type (I write and take photos; she is an artist) and we will really use that suite  sitting area to “get away from it all” and write or draw.  However, Carnival (and everyone) will hear an earful about that white overhang in my blogging of the trip, including my LIVE blog here 😂).  

Looking forward to my first trip on Mardi Gras in any event, with great hopes that by then Omicron will have long peaked;  I’m traveling end of February; when is your cruise?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Really good deal and definitely great that you snagged it, and  I’m totally jealous of your room...I have an Ocean Suite for an upcoming Mardi Gras  (upgrade from a balcony) which cost less than yours BUT I’m in an Ocean Suite on the 9th floor which has that horrible white overhang on 8 jutting out right where my balcony is.

Since I think the entire joy of a balcony is getting to look directly into the water,  I feel that when booking this room, either direct book or upgrade, there should be some sort of a notation about that white overhang. That said, this is a “girls trip” and I’m traveling with another creative type (I write and take photos; she is an artist) and we will really use that suite  sitting area to “get away from it all” and write or draw.  However, Carnival (and everyone) will hear an earful about that white overhang in my blogging of the trip, including my LIVE blog here 😂).  

Looking forward to my first trip on Mardi Gras in any event, with great hopes that by then Omicron will have long peaked;  I’m traveling end of February; when is your cruise?

Our cruise is beginning of February. 2nd time on Mardi Gras, it is an awesome ship!

23 hours ago, sd63 said:

Paid $630 to go from an interior cabin to Ocean Suite on Mardi Gras!!! Never stayed in a suite before. Seemed like a good deal so we jumped on it. Good deal or not?

You will love it. We went from cove OS for$100. The shower alone is worth the price lol 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sd63 said:

Our cruise is beginning of February. 2nd time on Mardi Gras, it is an awesome ship!

Definitely a good choice!   Since you are leaving so soon, wearing masks so much becomes a pain so you may end up in your cabin a lot.  We did. 

Also, the pricing these days is a great opportunity to splurge on high end cabins.  Enjoy!

• Like 1