Excursions - Required to use cruiseline?

mamaday

Interesting.  The rules both for airlines, boarding, on board, shore excursions AND Covid protocols are changing daily.  Today one needs to completely flexible if cruising today.  It is likely on board you will be told about some changes via announcements either in the daily program or public address system.

For many people this is perfectly OK.  For others it is stressful.  Each person needs to decide what to do today with cruising and travel in general.

I have never booked a ship excursion. We are on a 9 day to ABC in May and I would hate to not be able to get off the ship at all. If we book celebrity excursions and then cancel if things change will we get a refund? 

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

We are on Equinox now and we received a letter at embarkation explaining that vaccinated passengers could explore on their own in Bimini, buy Celebrity excursions we're required to exit the ship in Bonaire, Curacao, and Aruba.

That's what I was looking for.   Thanks!  I know it changes regularly and I'm more than happy to go with the flow.  Was hoping to at least walk around the port area without an excursion but as of now that's apparently not allowed.  I'll keep watching for changes.

2 hours ago, cbfb said:

I have never booked a ship excursion. We are on a 9 day to ABC in May and I would hate to not be able to get off the ship at all. If we book celebrity excursions and then cancel if things change will we get a refund? 

For the excursions? Yes

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Got an update last night on our Equinox sailing. For Bonaire this morning, shore excursions are still required, but for Curacao tomorrow and Aruba the day after, ship sponsored excursions are no longer required.

Exciting! Hope it stays that way!

I don't think you can definitely count on anything as the changes can occur overnight.  Many of the ports which only allow Celebrity excursions, will also allow you to get a govt approved taxi at the port entrance and go to a favorite location. 

When you get your daily events flyer the night before, it will explicitly tell you what you can and cannot do. You can also ask at the shore excursions desk.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Got an update last night on our Equinox sailing. For Bonaire this morning, shore excursions are still required, but for Curacao tomorrow and Aruba the day after, ship sponsored excursions are no longer required.

That is Great News!  We are currently on the Silhouette and visit the ABC islands over the next 10 days. Hoping we are allowed to visit these islands on our own. Four port days including two days in Aruba.