If you stay on ship in port

Activities are pretty limited. It's mostly a great time for the pool. Bar service is available but limited, and make sure you check where lunch is available. Sometimes the Windjammer and JRs are closed, and you have to resort to the DR.

1st time on RCI, what is there to do if you stay on the ship in port. Are there activities going on?

How long :rolleyes: is tendering into Cozumel?

Thank for any answers:D

I, for one, cannot imagine stayin onboard. I love going on shore, even if I have been there before. Since this is your first cruise, I suggest that, if nothing else, you grab a taxi and have them take you somewhere! Check out the ports of call forums on this board to find ideas. Yes, the ships are fabulous, but the islands are even more so!

Have a great cruise!

Activities are pretty limited. It's mostly a great time for the pool. Bar service is available but limited, and make sure you check where lunch is available. Sometimes the Windjammer and JRs are closed, and you have to resort to the DR.

I thought it was the dining room that was closed sometimes but not Windjammer...

I thought it was the dining room that was closed sometimes but not Windjammer...

I think that's correct. If you want to get a spa treatment, they often have specials on port days (still pricey, but sometimes as much as 25% cheaper than on a sea day).

We take a lot of weekend cruises to Ensenada and don't get off the ship there. It's really wonderful to have some peace & quiet.

We are also fans of staying on-board when in certain ports. This seems to be a popular option with those who have done a lot of cruising and are bored with some of the ports. Its great not to have any crowds around the pool, no lines for food, no pool games, etc etc. Its not for everyone, but for some it makes for a relaxing day.

Hank

We were in Cozemel with the Enchantment of the Seas Jan 30th and the shopping area looks pretty good. The hotels and resorts are still a mess but you can spend several hours wlking around the shopping area and find just about anything you want. Only bad thing is you get tendered in. We waited until after lunch and there was no crowd and we had a nice walk around town. Taxi's from the old pier to downtown is about $5-6 per couple.

We took a very last minute cruise last spring. Got a great deal that I couldn't pass up. But because of that, we didn't have lots of money to spend on excurions, etc. DH got off at every port, but after we boarded the ship, I NEVER GOT OFF THE SHIP until we disembarked! It was absolutely fabulous. There are limited activities going on, depending on the port. Some times there will be some early morning stuff like the walk-a-mile and then maybe a ring-toss. Then very limited things until later afternoon. Often no pool side entertainment until closer to sail time. Which is fine by me! How many times in a week can you hear the same steel drum band anyway! :)

OK, I just pulled out some Compass on a port day. There was a bean bag toss, walk-a-mile, step aerobic class, TV Tune Triva, Family Ping-pong, Pilates, all during one of the at port times. On another port day nothing started until 3:00pm when the ship was in port noon until 6:00. Between 3 and 6 there was an Aerobics class, Pictionary, kick-boxing, name that country tune and a walk-a-mile session. On both these days both the Windjammer and the main dining room were open for lunch.

Archived