Inappropriate bathing suits???

rucruizin

As long as I don't have to look at 'white buns' and bellies hanging over the waist band that rides critically low... I think I can handle most suits. It really is hard to keep a straight face when you see someone still wearing his speedo from 35 years ago (or a thong).

I don't know your feeling about this, but as a step brother of a younger sibling of the opposite gender I believe that no matter watch age a young girl is that she should be covered. I have seen on some cruises that young girls younger than 5 that wearing two pieces going around without thier top. My step sister is 7 and and sometimes does it at home, but it is completely different on a ship that carries more than 1500 passengers. You don't know who is on it and you always have to cover yourself up. I am in favor of binkinis on older people but people have to use common sense don't were it if you skin covers it (ie: that big stomach, or those flabby buttocks). Men if you don't have it don't even bother wearing speedos keep to the bathing trunks. In closing: No matter who you are child or adult male or female follow direction about the Lido. Cover up and wear something on your feet!!!! That is my rant on bathing suits

So I'm curious what exactly is considered inappropriate on HAL.

We've been on the (1991) Westerdam, the Niew Amsterdam, the Veendam, the Zuiderdam, and the Oosterdam. It seems most of the ladies favored one-piece suits or modest bikinis and most of the men wore the traditional boxer-style suit. I have seen some notable exceptions, though. I'm sure this is just like setting a legal standard for obscenity--*I know it when I see it*--and nearly impossible to define.

Robin

Oh, was this a hot topic for me on our Ryndam Mexican Riviera cruise last April!

Modesty was not the norm on that cruise, and that was rather unfortunate. If you've got it, flaunt it, but the trick comes in knowing whether you've got it or not, and when you're not sure, err on the side of caution! :)

What we saw on our Ryndam cruise was too big people wearing too small bathing suits. Perhaps all these folks checked their modesty at the pier? ;)This may not bother anyone but me, but personally, I don't need to see bare bellies hanging over bikini bottoms or speedos. And, I don't need to see women stuffing themselves into bikini tops to the point where a "fall out" looks likely, and the strap that's supposed to be evenly across the back is riding up dangerously close to the shoulder blades. I'd at least have settled for good fitting bathing suits. That said, we didn't have this "problem" so much on ZUDM or Oo (Perhaps because they were 7-day Caribbean cruises with more families aboard?). Can't wait to see what the VODM holds in store for us next week. Seriously though. How great is people watching at the pool?

I was reading another thread about those ever popular dress codes and several people mentioned inappropriate bathing suits. So I'm curious what exactly is considered inappropriate on HAL.

Quite true, bathing suits are inappropriate in public rooms & dining venues at all times...

For what it's worth.

OK, I guess I have an odd view on this.

I am not offended or put off with whatever suit a woman chooses to wear (except, of course for those worn by my DDs!). I feel it's their perogative to wear whatever they feel comfortable with. Women in today's society have enough body immage issues to deal with without getting the "hairy eyeball" for what swimsuit they wear.

On the other hand, I would prefer that NO man wear a speedo type suit unless they are engaged in a swim racing event! DW would disagree and would appreciate some guys wearing this type of suit. Of course she has rarely seen the type of guy she would like to see. Usually it is someone that should have chosen something more modest.

All of the above being said I am not offended or upset at whatever anyone wears or doesn't wear around a pool or at a beach.

John, thanks I just threw up.

I'm not talking about wearing swim suits to the dining room, just at/around the pool. I usually wear a bikini with string side ties, full coverage in the rear and a full coverage top. I'm just wondering if I will be the odd gal out feeling uncomfortable. I have other suits but I like to have a tan that doesn't stop at my neck and continue again at the top of my thighs.

I have a nice flat tummy and a cute little figure but I don't want to be getting the stink eye from everyone on board and then be the topic of an ugly thread when I get home.

Agree with the previous response--if you've got the figure for it, go for it. I'm sure we'd all be happy to see you in a photo of the suit in question posted here so we can provide an accurate opinion...;)

Any chance your cruise is going to St. Maarten, we can share a cab to Orient Beach...

Have a wonderful cruise, wishing you good tanning weather and opportune lounge chair locations.

Archived