Linking dinner

famof4togo

We will be traveling in March with a group of moms and our teenage sons.  We have been trying to call and link of dinners together but half the group doesn't have a "pin" #, half booked through 3rd party and no one has a PVP.  For obvious reasons it's been tough getting through on the phones to make this happen.  Is there any way I can accomplish this without having to call and without some others having to call to get their pin #'s etc???????.....its been a bit of a logistical nightmare to make happen.  

9 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

1.  Make sure everyone has selected the same dining time.

2.  As soon as you board, go to the MDR and meet with the Maitre d'.  They can put everyone together.

We are all slated for the late dinner option...if we do this upon arrival on ship...won't the seating plan already have been set up say weeks prior and will we likely get stuck in some crappy table that hadn't been previously assigned...we do have a big group?  

3 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

We are all slated for the late dinner option...if we do this upon arrival on ship...won't the seating plan already have been set up say weeks prior and will we likely get stuck in some crappy table that hadn't been previously assigned...we do have a big group?  

They are actively moving people around to accomodate those last minute requests.  This is your only option if you can't get everyone to manage the logistics of linking reservations prior to sailing.

Thanks everyone!!!...it's what I figured but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some option....I do like to have all logistical issues resolved prior to sailing to I can dedicate myself 100% to drinking and having fun once onboard....we will keep calling.

Also, once on board, if you add your friends in the Hub Chat, you can then make future reservations for whatever portion of the (or the entire) group. (Handy if you don't go to your assigned dining time, specialty, etc..)

You can log in on carnival.com, select that cruise, click on "Booking and Order Details," scroll down to "Missing someone? Invite them to be your Cruise Companion," enter their email.  They will get an email to confirm.  We did this on cruise in December and it linked all of our bookings.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ShreveportCruisers said:

You can log in on carnival.com, select that cruise, click on "Booking and Order Details," scroll down to "Missing someone? Invite them to be your Cruise Companion," enter their email.  They will get an email to confirm.  We did this on cruise in December and it linked all of our bookings.

And that will link our dinner reservations?  AWESOME THANKS....

Not to doubt ShreveportCruisers in the slightest 😉...but can anyone else confirm that by linking on the carnival website as a "cruise companion" that that will link our dinner reservations?  I of course would call carnival and ask but......

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE ASSISTANCE....

2 hours ago, ShreveportCruisers said:

1 hour ago, famof4togo said:

Not to doubt ShreveportCruisers in the slightest 😉...but can anyone else confirm that by linking on the carnival website as a "cruise companion" that that will link our dinner reservations?  I of course would call carnival and ask but......

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE ASSISTANCE....

This is exactly what we did for our last two Carnival cruises and it worked out well - but we had Your Time Dining.  I'm not sure if that makes a difference.  However, the below is the rest of what it says on the Carnival site about Cruise Companions, so it seems like it would work for set dining too.

SOCIAL DISTANCE WITH YOUR GROUP
Here you'll see names of all the guests that are part of your travel group. Missing someone? Go ahead and send them an invite by entering their email address below and clicking "send invitation." You'll be able to enjoy onboard entertainment events and dine with members of your Cruise Companion group.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShreveportCruisers said:

I was coming to type this exact thing . This is what I did for our large group and it worked flawlessly. We had a group thread and when we were ready to eat I was able to check us all in from the app. You can also unselect if someone doesn't want to join. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 3:32 PM, cruisemom2 said:

This is exactly what we did for our last two Carnival cruises and it worked out well - but we had Your Time Dining.  I'm not sure if that makes a difference.  However, the below is the rest of what it says on the Carnival site about Cruise Companions, so it seems like it would work for set dining too.

SOCIAL DISTANCE WITH YOUR GROUP
Here you'll see names of all the guests that are part of your travel group. Missing someone? Go ahead and send them an invite by entering their email address below and clicking "send invitation." You'll be able to enjoy onboard entertainment events and dine with members of your Cruise Companion group.

We had set time dining and it worked for us.