Reflection - Relaxation Lounge

CruisnDeb

I am cruising on the Reflection in March and I noticed the Relaxation Lounge on the deck plan.  Can anyone tell me about it?  Is it a part of the spa area or can anyone go into it?  Looks like it would be a nice quiet place to bring a drink and read a book.

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

So I see this description "Relaxation Lounge - Features a mix of comfortable padded chairs and loungers for guests to relax in and enjoy the view over the bow of the ship"  which makes it sound like everyone, but then in the pictures, it shows spa massage tables along with pictures of the lounge.  Does this mean it is only for people who have spa passes?  Or is there a separate entrance where those without spa passes can enter?

19 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

So I see this description "Relaxation Lounge - Features a mix of comfortable padded chairs and loungers for guests to relax in and enjoy the view over the bow of the ship"  which makes it sound like everyone, but then in the pictures, it shows spa massage tables along with pictures of the lounge.  Does this mean it is only for people who have spa passes?  Or is there a separate entrance where those without spa passes can enter?

No, you can access without a spa pass, but it's a nice place to hang out after a treatment since it's just downstairs from the spa area.

Can also be accessed directly from Deck 11.

• Thanks 1

Just now, canderson said:

No, you can access without a spa pass, but it's a nice place to hang out after a treatment since it's just downstairs from the spa area.

Can also be accessed directly from Deck 11.

Great.  Good to know.  All the pictures I could find had people in robes so I was afraid it was for spa access only.  Thanks for the info 🙂 

1 minute ago, CruisnDeb said:

Great.  Good to know.  All the pictures I could find had people in robes so I was afraid it was for spa access only.  Thanks for the info 🙂 

I would imagine that a lot of folks take the spiral down from the spa area to chill for a while before/after whatever they're doing in the spa.  The view is fantastic.  There are doors back to the corridors on Deck 11, so it stays pretty quiet up front.

• Like 2

To be clear the Relaxation Lounge is part of the spa and generally where one waits to be greeted by a spa therapist for whatever treatment you're getting. That's why you'll see most people in robes and not regular street clothes. While anyone can access the lounge it's not meant as a public space like the Sky Lounge but as a spa space to begin and or end a treatment or after using the Thermal suite and needing a place to cool down and relax that's not heated.

Technically limited to AQ Class guests and those with spa appts,  But if door is not locked or staff not checking  others  get in,, Unfortunately  many do not observe spa quietness and chatter away

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisnDeb said:

I am cruising on the Reflection in March and I noticed the Relaxation Lounge on the deck plan.  Can anyone tell me about it?  Is it a part of the spa area or can anyone go into it?  Looks like it would be a nice quiet place to bring a drink and read a book.

Sorry,...Def not a general  use lounge ..only drinking should be the fruit infused water

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

To be clear the Relaxation Lounge is part of the spa and generally where one waits to be greeted by a spa therapist for whatever treatment you're getting. That's why you'll see most people in robes and not regular street clothes. While anyone can access the lounge it's not meant as a public space like the Sky Lounge but as a spa space to begin and or end a treatment or after using the Thermal suite and needing a place to cool down and relax that's not heated.

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Technically limited to AQ Class guests and those with spa appts,  But if door is not locked or staff not checking  others  get in,, Unfortunately  many do not observe spa quietness and chatter away

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sorry,...Def not a general  use lounge ..only drinking should be the fruit infused water

Got it.  Sounds like it really is part of the spa.  Thanks for all your replies.

19 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

Got it.  Sounds like it really is part of the spa.  Thanks for all your replies.

Those looking for some peace and quiet and one of the best views on the ship should feel free to enjoy it.  99% of pax likely would never stumble across it.

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Those looking for some peace and quiet and one of the best views on the ship should feel free to enjoy it.  99% of pax likely would never stumble across it.

The view is the main reason I was wanting to go there.  Absolutely, if the Deck 11 door is unlocked, I am for sure going in.  I will make sure I am respectful of the peacefulness of the space.  I love finding these quiet, peaceful nooks on cruise ships and I'm really looking forward to exploring this ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisnDeb said:

I was on Silhouette and I think the floor plan is identical. The relaxation area is a staircase below the spa and is a great place to nap/read or just look out the window. It was a bit warmer than I liked on our cruise but it was always empty with plenty of seating. It is also accessed thru the steel doors at the end of the hall on deck 11.

Edited by neverlaysup
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, hcat said:

On Silhouette there was never a spa employee at the desk there. I don't think they care unless it gets crowded.

• Like 1