Princess delusions regarding "Upgrades"!

nini

8 hours ago, geoherb said:

Do you have knowledge of anyone being involuntarily upgraded to a window suite? 

I usually book guarantees and have had great luck getting good upgrades. Only one time did we get an upgrade that I considered a downgrade due to the location of the cabin, porthole instead of a window, and lack of space. That's the risk I take and understand. Many times we have gotten exactly what we booked or slight upgrades within class (inside to higher category inside, obstructed view to higher category obstructed view, etc.) But we've also gone from inside to unobstructed ocean view and once from an obstructed view to a cabin with a balcony.

For my upcoming cruise, the cabins available to choose from in the least expensive balcony category (BF) were on the Lido Deck. I took my chances and got a great upgrade to a deluxe balcony cabin on the Riviera Deck. If I had picked this specific cabin when booking this cruise, it would have cost me more than double. A lot of times Princess will reward those of us willing to be flexible. 

Yes, I have met passengers who were upgraded to a Window Suite (usually F301/smallest).  But they were happy to be in a suite.   I was once upgraded from a balcony to a Sun Suite.  Didn't like that all, but it was my first suite.  I prefer to remain in my centrally located Window Suite.  They generally will not upgrade you from one of those (unless they do a move over and the other ship does not have WS).

Also met a family that was upgraded to a family suite and were extremely delighted. 

22 minutes ago, nini said:

UPDATE!!!  😁 On the phone with our TA for 2.50 hours

First, I went online and found a cabin we would normally book AND it is $774.00 LESS than the original and actually an upgrade! Got it booked and worth the wait. Go figure...

However, it will not be next door to our traveling friends, but that is an issue for another day.

Yeah!!! That’s great.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

I would send a message to customerrelations@princesscruises.com

and tell them how long your holding and ask for their help!  They may call you back.  They work it by date of departure.

Or, just hold since you’re holding so long.

I found the best time to call the 1 800 Princess line, is as soon as they open in the morning.  

Thanks so much, I finally got through and they changed it back. What a hassle!

1 hour ago, john watson said:

It is not so much an offer as a policy Princess seem to have implemented with Dolphin deck.  I do not think you will be successful in getting your original cabin back because it seem the cruise line need this area cleared out.  When you  get through on the phone I suggest you focus on getting an upgrade to a much better cabin stressing that the cruise line has not really done this and it is at their behest.  I suspect the reason they are doing this type of thing is to comply with local government regulations.

Regards John

Thanks so much for the advice.  I did manage to get my sweet M105 forward cabin back from the A333 they "upgraded" me to.  I was planning to do exactly as you suggest had they not been able to accommodate my original request (and return what I paid for).