Dockside testing departing Miami?

don731

Does anyone have either official info or at least a sense of whether we will be tested at embarkation for the upcoming Miami departures on Ovation?  I'm aware this was done in L.A., when Ovation departed last week.  We would be much less nervous about being onboard if this was done, in addition to the two day required test.  Certainly difficult to execute, and Seabourn then has to deal with those who test positive right then and there, but it does catch some of the recently infectious.  

I agree - very good news. We're on Ovation now and I believe a couple of guests did test positive at the pier test and were denied boarding. We aren't aware of any significant number of covid cases on board. But the crew is being proactive with an additional stock of masks being provided to any who leave their mask in their suite. 

32 minutes ago, twodjs said:

I agree - very good news. We're on Ovation now and I believe a couple of guests did test positive at the pier test and were denied boarding. We aren't aware of any significant number of covid cases on board. But the crew is being proactive with an additional stock of masks being provided to any who leave their mask in their suite. 

Thanks for the report!  We are feeling very encouraged!

We will really need to pay attention to our boarding times.   If everyone comes early it could be a nightmare with everyone crowded together.   In Greece everyone arrived at. Their boarding time, not before, and we tested.    We waited in a large space where we could be socially distant until our results were ready.

And what is an acceptable two prior test?  Hopefully antigen suffices as the wait times for PCR tests are quite long now with Omicron.    We leave Texas on April 22, arriving Istanbul April 23, embarkation April 24.  Is a test taken in Texas on the 22 nd sufficient?