Barcelona assistance please

shyla100

Hi all,

We have book at trip from Barcelona leaving on 17th July and I am taking my elderly Brother and his wife .

We would like some ideas for a mid range Hotel that is very central for him as we are arriving a few days earlier.

Also can anyone recommend a private tour guild or company we can use? 

He is very concerned regarding COVID so if it roof top dinner also would be a great advantage 

Appreciated any help, thank you.

Hotel 1898 not only has a rooftop bar with tapas, it is right around the corner from La Bouqeria Market - massive historic outdoor market with a roof where you can buy literally any kind of food - also great for photographing!  I picked up Spanish bread and ham and cheese for lunch!  Many tapas restaurants nearby with outdoor seating as well as a Starbucks.  I got a room with a window overlooking Las Ramblas and really enjoyed the view of street performers and people passing by.  

https://www.hotel1898.com/en/?gclid=CjwKCAiAlrSPBhBaEiwAuLSDUOuv3w8sOaV34qEu2SiKhFIeQCMkimH3QNP2jWR-MFcDhOBXEogRjBoCQ4EQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The spa thermal suite is free for all hotel guests.  They have the most amazing thalisotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and more!

This is a very short cab ride to the port!

We did a private day long van tour of Barcelona with this company: https://www.toursbylocals.com/Barcelona-Tours?gclid=CjwKCAiAlrSPBhBaEiwAuLSDUCySPCkRrYets2WA1_yw-57ixROUTDJSk0tTec5dYlqxw7axpPFwbxoCchsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

they picked us up right outside the hotel and took us to see all the Gaudi sites and more.  The great thing is if there was a line, we'd pass by and come back when there was no line so we literally never had to wait to see anything. 

I was also going to recommend Hotel 1898 - I had a very nice stay there, and it's a great location.   The only tour company I use now is Context Travel - very smart and unique tours, and they would do a private tour just for your group.   I was in Barcelona many years ago when they did small group tours, but they only do private group tours in these Covid times.