Upgrade Bidding ?

babba

I am thinking of booking a cruise (late February 2022) from my home port approximately a month from sailing ... hoping the fares go down. After choosing my cabin (which I will be happy with) ... will it be too late to be part of the bidding process ?

please read prior posts on this subject. you cant bid for an upgrade unless you are sent a notice from ncl saying"lets get you upgraded".

better to just pick the cabin you want and go from there.  

you are neither assured of an offer to bid, nor of having your bid accepted 

not sure if this applies to you but something i noticed. if you do place an upgrade bid, it is per person and solo usually has to pay like double the price. where as now, i notice they are rooms with no single supplement fees on some cruises

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

not sure if this applies to you but something i noticed. if you do place an upgrade bid, it is per person and solo usually has to pay like double the price. where as now, i notice they are rooms with no single supplement fees on some cruises

I just did this today.  Called NCL and upgraded my Studio to an angled balcony for $7.  As long as you are paying additional for your cabin (even just $7) you can upgrade without bidding...and I got to pick my exact cabin, which you can't do when you bid.

2 hours ago, babba said:

I am thinking of booking a cruise (late February 2022) from my home port approximately a month from sailing ... hoping the fares go down. After choosing my cabin (which I will be happy with) ... will it be too late to be part of the bidding process ?

Bidding would be open. Initial upgrades would have already been complete. Your ability to bid would be based on who you booked your cruise through. 

7 hours ago, babba said:

I just booked a cruise about 30 days out and got bid offers a day later.  Perfectly happy with my cabin but would upgrade if the price goes down.  Traveling solo, with a reduced supplement, so an upgrade would probably be cheaper than a bid which is 2x the bid - plus I'm only interested in certain cabins, so want to be able to choose.

5 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I just did this today.  Called NCL and upgraded my Studio to an angled balcony for $7.  As long as you are paying additional for your cabin (even just $7) you can upgrade without bidding...and I got to pick my exact cabin, which you can't do when you bid.

You can't always upgrade.  It also depends on the perks you got when you booked.  Currently you can't upgrade if you took the airfare because it's not available after final payment (60 day).