Azamara or Celebrity - Need to choose after Crystal Cruise Cancelled

cinbeach

On 3/31/2022 at 8:53 AM, Mackdogmolly said:

Ivi, I think I read elsewhere that the Azamazing Evenings were resuming sometime in July. Sadly, after my June cruise.

Betsey

I was told this summer by an HD. In case something changes I will leave it open.

• Like 1

At my sailing they offer an event on board as some body already mentioned. I am happy with it and I have just booked it. They had two times: one before dinner and one after dinner. Looking forward to it. It is an even with Italian culture, which I love.

Ivi

• Like 1

7 hours ago, travelberlin said:

At my sailing they offer an event on board as some body already mentioned. I am happy with it and I have just booked it. They had two times: one before dinner and one after dinner. Looking forward to it. It is an even with Italian culture, which I love.

Ivi

Quest in Dec did it twice by Feb once. Thought it might do with how many people on ship.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have cruised on Azamara, Crystal and Celebrity. All of my cruises in the last 10 years have been with these cruise lines. I love Crystal and am sad they are no longer in the mix but I really don't think they are more luxurious. There are more expensively dressed and bejeweled passengers but the food, entertainment and service is much like Azamara (the passengers are much more casual on Azamara). I have heard excellent speakers and great itineraries on both lines. Celebrity is a different animal. It is more popular entertainment focused (no speakers on our last cruise). Musicians are good but they focus on pop music not excellence of performance. Food is good but not gourmet unless you eat in the specialty restaurants. This is OK for a quick trip to the Caribbean but I would pick Azamara for a trip to the Mediterranean or anyplace else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Celebrity food was bad unless innEden,Raw on five and Steakhouse

music was ok. Butler one was fair,butler two was good

also there was Covid on board and no one talked about it like Azamara does for heads up

50 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

Celebrity food was bad unless innEden,Raw on five and Steakhouse

music was ok. Butler one was fair,butler two was good

also there was Covid on board and no one talked about it like Azamara does for heads up

I think people are tired of talking about Covid. Vaccinations and precautions are available for anyone who is concerned. I don’t need to know if someone on the ship has Covid, anymore than if someone on the ship has the common cold.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mdpa said:

I think people are tired of talking about Covid. Vaccinations and precautions are available for anyone who is concerned. I don’t need to know if someone on the ship has Covid, anymore than if someone on the ship has the common cold.

I think you are wrong. Specially on a cruise many of us like to be informed of what is going on. This is not „talking about COVID „. Serious cruise lines have been informing their guests when there was COVID onboard in order for them to take precautions. This is good so.

Ivi

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I think you are wrong. Specially on a cruise many of us like to be informed of what is going on. This is not „talking about COVID „. Serious cruise lines have been informing their guests when there was COVID onboard in order for them to take precautions. This is good so.

Ivi

The only thing is by the time there is Covid onboard its almost too late re the precautions.  I suspect the vast majority of "case zeros" onboard catch it ashore.  I was very surprised how lax people were ashore last week.  Maybe if they had known the case rates in some of the ports they were visiting they would have been touching less and sanitising more and staying out of crowded bars.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, uktog said:

The only thing is by the time there is Covid onboard its almost too late re the precautions.  I suspect the vast majority of "case zeros" onboard catch it ashore.  I was very surprised how lax people were ashore last week.  Maybe if they had known the case rates in some of the ports they were visiting they would have been touching less and sanitising more and staying out of crowded bars.

You are right. It is also our responsibility to be aware of where we are going and what risks we are taking. However at the moment some kind of contagious disease is on board, people have the right to be informed and extra measures were taken. 
I remember Noro virus onboard Azamara ships. We were immediately informed and this is also necessary for any other contagious disease including COVID.

Ivi

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

I would prefer more info not less. Totally agree with you

• Like 3