Sailing Over to Nevis

Beagleluv6107

I'd like to take an excursion from St. Kitts over to Nevis. Snorkeling is not a "must do" but we would like to have a few hours of

beach time at Nevis. The ship tours are pricy so I emailed 2 different tour companies that I found online and no replies. Does

anyone know how things are going in St. Kitts with all the restrictions? My cruise is the end of March. Any suggestions on

tour companies? Thanks!!! 

On 1/26/2022 at 7:29 PM, Beagleluv6107 said:

The ship tours are pricy so I emailed 2 different tour companies that I found online and no replies. Does

anyone know how things are going in St. Kitts with all the restrictions?

Its been a few years since I've been now so this is pre covid advice, but there is a ferry company that will take you over from where your ship docks over to Charlestown in Nevis but it can take up to 45 minutes each way. I believe there is a shorter ferry but you have to travel a good deal out of Basseterre to get it. So it is possible to do on your own. 

That being said, take the ship excursion (and I am not usually a fan of saying that). If you were to miss your ferry back or there was some issue with it there would be nothing you could do about missing your ship's sailing back in Basseterre. At very least, you won't have that lingering thought all day about making it back if you use the ship's tour. 

The Four Seasons on Nevis offered a day pass-- this must have been in 2017-- for I believe $250 per person. 

Personally, unless you really, really want to go to Nevis, staying on St Kitts for a short port stop will give you more beach time (more than 2 hours back when you factor in transit times) and either the Marriott or Park Hyatt are much less expensive day pass options to go to than the FS Nevis. 

• 3 weeks later...

At one time pre-covid, the only way to Nevis if on a cruise ship was via a ship excursion.

Unless you know where you want to go when there, taking the regular ferry. There are several ferry services though.  All have different and some what infrequent schedules.  The car ferry and  Scaspa are the most frequent but limited passengers. Beaches are the main attractions.  Popular eateries are Turtle Time and Indian Summer.

On 1/26/2022 at 6:29 PM, Beagleluv6107 said:

I'd like to take an excursion from St. Kitts over to Nevis. Snorkeling is not a "must do" but we would like to have a few hours of

beach time at Nevis. The ship tours are pricy so I emailed 2 different tour companies that I found online and no replies. Does

anyone know how things are going in St. Kitts with all the restrictions? My cruise is the end of March. Any suggestions on

tour companies? Thanks!!! 

I took the passenger ferry over to Nevis took about 30 minutes. Cost 12 dollars us I believe each way. Then got a cab to Sunshine's on Pinney Beach. No one there had the whole beach to ourselves was a great day!

• Like 1