Princess Land of Midnight Sun or Iceland and Norway

wblotner66

I'm thinking I need to cancel my Baltic Cruise as it's likely St Petersburg will not be happening. Does anyone have a preference to the 2 cruises above. One spends a lot of time on Norway and one hits Norway but also goes to Iceland. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hallasm said:

You need to provide more details. As I do not know which ports and time of year I cannot provide any advice - either list the port and time of cruise or provide links to the cruises.

i just added links

Two very interesting itineraries- personally I would choose '14 -Day Land of the Midnight Sun’ - Both cruises have the same two deep Norwegian fjords with beautiful scenic sailing in the itinerary  - but midnight sun is interesting and this cruise even offers the North Cape, Lofoten islands and Bergen. You’ll be able to experience midnight sun from June 17 to June 21. It might very well be 40F and still snow at Honningsvåg (North Cape) - be prepared for the cold weather.

I have visited Iceland many times but never been there on a cruise - a very interesting country to visit - I would think you will see more of Iceland at a land based trip as the cruise does not add anything extra.  It is easy to drive around Iceland yourself. Icelandair has non-stop service to Reykjavik from Orlando.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

I did the Princess Land of the Midnight Sun cruise in June 2019. It was one of my favourite cruises and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The scenery was absolutely beautiful! My itinerary was a bit different to the one you are looking at but all the ports from Trondheim onwards were the same. Going north of the Arctic Circle and seeing the Midnight Sun was amazing. We even had a Midnight Sun party at midnight on the night we left Honningsvag - so much fun! The weather was cool and mostly fine with some rain in Tromso and the Lofoten Islands. We chose this cruise over the one that goes to Iceland due to the larger number of sea days at the beginning and end of the Iceland cruise. Good luck with your decision. I did a review of my cruise if you are interested.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Havingvisited Iceland twice by car, i would recommend If you really want to see Iceland, do it as a land based trip.  Getting around the island by car is very manageable. Get a guide book and do it on your own.

Therefore, I say do the Land of the Midnight Sun visiting the north cape.  You'll get a much more encompassing tour of Norway.