Airport Transfer - Waitlist

Boycey

My daughter and partner have a Far-East cruise booked later in the year on Solstice (november)

They have been told they are on waitlist for transfer from Tokyo Narita to the embarkation port (basic coach/bus transfer).  Does anyone know Celebrity’s regular practice on the topic of transfers?  Do they wait until they have sufficient bookings to ‘fill the next bus’, and my daughter can likely expect status to change? Or should they investigate alternatives this far out?  

Thanks in advance for the help.

We have done a cruise with another line ending in Yokohama , which is about 20 minutes from central Tokyo. The nearest airport is Haneda and Narita is about 1 hour from the city of Tokyo.

They can explore other options such as Viator to do their own arrangements and if they were able I would also suggest they stayed a couple of days in Tokyo to see the sights and ride the Bullet train.

I will also add that the Japanese are very particular regarding the system they use for passport/immigration checks.

Edited by emmas gran
add

At this point I wouldn’t be very concerned about being on the waitlist.  Most likely they will get the transfer and if a couple of months out they have still not cleared the waitlist, there is time to make other arrangement to get to the port.  

I think you will be ok.  They often waitlist in order to determine how many buses they will need to charter.    We ended a cruise in Yokohama and were flying out of Narita.     We grabbed a cab to the Yokohama Train Station where they have a small little Terminal (room) for bus service to major airports.   The service is called Airport Limosine at  YCAT. (Yokohama City Air Terminal)  You check in and turn over luggage like at an Airport and when your bus arrives you board a very nice bus for the hour plus ride to the airport.   By the way It is a non-stop service and is 1 Hour 45 Minute

It was really interesting to watch the respect the staff have for one another.   As we arrived at the terminal 4 baggage handlers on the curb bowed at the bus and the luggage was neatly lined up on sidewalk for easy recovery.  

It runs every 50 minutes and costs 3,700 Yen (about $32) and also have  a Senior Rate (65+) of 22,000 Yen (about $19.00)

image.png.b4e70dcf583b622a75625af12f3a9346.png

• Like 1