Princess Dancers and Singers?

shipsealand

On our recent Hawaii cruise in January there were no production shows with the Princess dancers and singers in the Princess Theater.  Have any of you seen any shows on your cruises this year? On our prior Coastal in October last year we saw several production shows and enjoyed them.  Any word on why and when they will be back?  Also there were fewer other shows and events at the other venues.

I was on the Grand Princess over Christmas. There were 2 production shows and a special Christmas show on a 10 night cruise. The other nights were solo entertainers.

I wonder if they had COVID cases that prevented a show from happening or if they were taking precautions. A friend is in a Musical Theatre program (not on a ship) and they have to be tested daily for COVID due to singing and potentially affecting others with COVID.

While on the Caribbean a few weeks ago, the guest soprano did a one woman show, and then cancelled the rest of her shows due to a "cold". They were however somehow able to perform the show "Bravo" later in the week without her. Maybe they have a vocal track to play when there's a shortage of sopranos willing to work cheap. I'm sure such a track exists anyway for the sake of rehearsals.

25 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Jan 6-16th on the Ruby we had 2 production shows and a full complement of trivia and game shows & other musicians, comedians and events.  I posted all the patters on our live from thread. 

I also posted the patters from my cruise on my live thread.

• Like 1

If you were on the Grand January 4 to Hawaii all the singers, dancers, show band were in isolation.   Started coming out on the way to Ensenada.  We had a dancer isolated on the deck above ours and spoke with her several times.

• Like 1

Yes, DW & I were on the Grand to Hawaii January 4-19.  While the food was good and had great service, missed having the usual entertainment options that we had when we did the Coastal in October. Good to hear that the entertainment is coming back.

• Like 1

The Emerald Princess' Dec 9-19th sailing had the full complement of singers and dancers. We stayed on for the next leg (decision made on the ship) and during sail-away we saw the full complement but the next day suddenly the performance of Rock Opera was delayed a day due to "technical reasons". We had seen it on the previous leg but it's so good we wanted to see it again. The next day it played with only the singers, no dancers. We didn't see them again the whole cruise. Most crew wouldn't talk about it but finally one spilled the beans. Yes the were quarantined in the balcony cabins forward on Aloha deck.

Personally I'm happy that Princess has the rigid testing procedures and can catch these outbreaks in time with protocols in place to handle them with a minimum of fuss.

• Like 1