Photographers on Board, have things changed?

FunTimeIsSunTime

One of the things I love about cruising is that they have photographers who will take your picture on formal night (or other nights). This is how I've gotten updated photos of my husband and I in the recent past. Are there still photographers on board? Also, since masks are required indoors, are all the indoor opportunities masks required? Do they now have outdoor photo opportunities before dinner? Not trying to start a mask debate as they have posted rules that are expected to be followed but am genuinely curious about this. 

• Like 1

We are currently on the Enchanted and were also on the Majestic for three weeks last summer.  We found that the photographers are NOT coming around to tables in the dining rooms to take photos during dinner - yay!  Instead, they are around the ship, mostly - but not exclusively - in the evening, with both formal and informal photo opportunities. That is, there will be a number of typical backdrop-and-prop set-ups near the Piazza-area central elevators and stairs, and also roaming photographers who, at various times of the day, might pop out in front of you and practically insist you take your mask off for a photo.  They have to have at least one with the mask off in order for the facial-recognition system to work (no more aisle of printed photos on deck 7; all done on computers now).  I haven't observed anyone getting a professional photo taken WITH a mask on. 

One great thing is that they no longer have photographers slowing down people getting off at each port. Perhaps some people liked having their photo taken with a dancer dressed up as a pirate, but we always walked around them without stopping. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, QuilterGirl said:

We are currently on the Enchanted and were also on the Majestic for three weeks last summer.  We found that the photographers are NOT coming around to tables in the dining rooms to take photos during dinner - yay!  Instead, they are around the ship, mostly - but not exclusively - in the evening, with both formal and informal photo opportunities. That is, there will be a number of typical backdrop-and-prop set-ups near the Piazza-area central elevators and stairs, and also roaming photographers who, at various times of the day, might pop out in front of you and practically insist you take your mask off for a photo.  They have to have at least one with the mask off in order for the facial-recognition system to work (no more aisle of printed photos on deck 7; all done on computers now).  I haven't observed anyone getting a professional photo taken WITH a mask on. 

We are just off Enchanted, and that is exactly what we noticed.

We love that there's no longer a huge corridor filled with pictures. This is also the reason they can be out every night. There's no extra expense in taking so many photos, since people can view them without them being printed out.

We noticed a big variety of backdrops to choose from.

Huge upgrade.