Covid testing in SFO for UK cruiser

PacnGoNow

Does anyone have a suggestion for a UK cruiser to get their rapid antigen next month before their Hawaii cruise?

Urgent clinics extremely expensive.

BinaxNOW ag card only US credit cards

and US address can order them.

DocGo sign up on Princess.com is for US based guests.

Surely, there is a lab that is reasonable in SFO near the Mark Hopkins hotel?

TIA

17 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

TIA

You should be prepared to pay $100-150 per person for the test-- if thats the same or less than the urgent clinic, that might be the easiest way to do it. 

We have used Pixel from LabCorp which can be bought online. They ship it out to you and you can bring it with you and complete the test at your leisure 3 days out and then you ship the specimen to the lab with prepaid shipping. Results are pretty quick. 

28 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

You should be prepared to pay $100-150 per person for the test-- if thats the same or less than the urgent clinic, that might be the easiest way to do it. 

We have used Pixel from LabCorp which can be bought online. They ship it out to you and you can bring it with you and complete the test at your leisure 3 days out and then you ship the specimen to the lab with prepaid shipping. Results are pretty quick. 

Thanks.

I started this topic for a cruiser from the UK that’s had trouble finding a place in SFO.

I called DocGo this morning, who does port testing in the US for Princess, so that might be their easiest choice.  Princess suggested it also.

https://docgo.com/cruiseguests/

The customer service at DocGo said international cruisers could use the port of SFO address as the address on the signup and register form on their website.

They could use their own phone number with their country code in the drop down menu.

Some ports take the $100 fee with a credit card and they said that should not be a problem.  Other ports may charge your folio once onboard.

Sure hope this helps some of our friends

who are sailing out of the US.

40 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

It looks as though this is a PCR and not a rapid antigen.  You have to mail it

in, which could take several days and process time 1-2 days.  That’s very

iffy if you would get it back in time?

Also, if your specimen was from 3 days before it would not be valid for a cruise from the US, has to be within 2 days

of sailing.  
In this case, finding a LabCorp clinic would be more efficient. 
Thank you for the response though.

It is appreciated.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:51 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a UK cruiser to get their rapid antigen next month before their Hawaii cruise?

TIA

I contacted City Health as recommended by our hotel in SF.  We have booked our tests for March.  They also do medically supervised antigen which I believe is what we need to provide and results are quicker.  Just need to bring our passports.  Do we need to document our passports and pay the $25 fee for boarding?  Do we need the Hawaii documentation or is that covered by the tests on the cruise? 

Testing is covered by insurance, if you do not have insurance testing is covered by the CARES ACT and is free to you with a U.S.-issued valid ID or a valid foreign passport. If you are testing for travel to Hawaii, there is a $20 documentation fee. 

There is a $25 document fee for International travelers who need their passport number on their results. Results for the PCR test will be back within 24 to 48 hours. If you have any additional questions please let me know.

4 hours ago, mturvey said:

I contacted City Health as recommended by our hotel in SF.  We have booked our tests for March.  They also do medically supervised antigen which I believe is what we need to provide and results are quicker.  Just need to bring our passports.  Do we need to document our passports and pay the $25 fee for boarding?  Do we need the Hawaii documentation or is that covered by the tests on the cruise? 

Testing is covered by insurance, if you do not have insurance testing is covered by the CARES ACT and is free to you with a U.S.-issued valid ID or a valid foreign passport. If you are testing for travel to Hawaii, there is a $20 documentation fee. 

There is a $25 document fee for International travelers who need their passport number on their results. Results for the PCR test will be back within 24 to 48 hours. If you have any additional questions please let me know.

So great!

i would get the rapid antigen, as you want the fast results and this is acceptable for Princess.  PCR takes too long.

You don’t have to have it documented with your passport number or documented Hawaii for Princess.

They offer different documentation because of the other 

companies, airlines etc that might require it.

Just check the Princess website frequently to see if there are any changes you may need to know.

Best of luck to you.

Is this free?

Tonna

Here’s a clip from their website:

The negative COVID-19 test result must include:

• Where the test was administered, including information such as the name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test
  • Type of test (indicating it is a NAAT or antigen test)
  • A specimen collection date 2 days or less before cruise departure
  • Guest’s name and either date of birth, age, or passport number
  • A negative test result using words or phrases including: 
    • Negative
    • Undetectable
    • SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected
    • SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected
    • COVID-19 not detected
    • Not reactive
Edited by PacnGoNow

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

So great!

i would get the rapid antigen, as you want the fast results and this is acceptable for Princess.  PCR takes too long.

You don’t have to have it documented with your passport number or documented Hawaii for Princess.

They offer different documentation because of the other 

companies, airlines etc that might require it.

Just check the Princess website frequently to see if there are any changes you may need to know.

Best of luck to you.

Is this free?

Tonna

Here’s a clip from their website:

The negative COVID-19 test result must include:

• Where the test was administered, including information such as the name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test
  • Type of test (indicating it is a NAAT or antigen test)
  • A specimen collection date 2 days or less before cruise departure
  • Guest’s name and either date of birth, age, or passport number
  • A negative test result using words or phrases including: 
    • Negative
    • Undetectable
    • SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected
    • SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected
    • COVID-19 not detected
    • Not reactive

They said it was free if they can’t claim from our insurance (we don’t have US healthcare) but reading bullet no. four we may need to pay $25  to include our passport number on the documentation but more than happy to do that, so a result. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mturvey said:

They said it was free if they can’t claim from our insurance (we don’t have US healthcare) but reading bullet no. four we may need to pay $25  to include our passport number on the documentation but more than happy to do that, so a result. 

Yes, definitely get the medically supervised rapid antigen and you don’t have to put your passport number on it, just bring it for your ID.  That’s how I read the Princess rules.  But, anyway I’m very happy the hotel did the research and found this out for you.

Take care