Cash Tipping

Yes, I still do the auto-tipping (recommended amounts), too - thanks for asking.  Like to meet my steward soon - just in case any questions about cabin (ice, outlets, extra pillows, etc.) - friendly face.  I'm counting the days and envying those already aboard.  

On 2/6/2022 at 4:28 PM, BallFour4 said:

Leave the $2 bills at home. Crew have reported having trouble using them when ashore.

This. Please people, stop! I never ever have and will understand some guests infatuation with tipping in $2 bills on a cruise ship. But back at home they wouldn't tip with $2 bills. I delivered pizzas during my entire college career and while I got some very questionable tips, not once did I ever get a $2 bill.

Why would one think it's OK to give a tip in a denomination that if given to 99% of US citizens, they would think it is fake?

4 minutes ago, BigAfts said:

This. Please people, stop! I never ever have and will understand some guests infatuation with tipping in $2 bills on a cruise ship. But back at home they wouldn't tip with $2 bills. I delivered pizzas during my entire college career and while I got some very questionable tips, not once did I ever get a $2 bill.

Why would one think it's OK to give a tip in a denomination that if given to 99% of US citizens, they would think it is fake?

The $2 bill tippers mean well and while an extreme minority of the crew members may appreciate the novelty of it, the majority would prefer a single over a $2 bill and will actively attempt to trade them out with other crew members for singles.

• Like 1