white medallions?

spunks

I like to ask the Blue Medallion wearers "how are you enjoying your first Princess Cruise?"

(It often surprises them that I KNOW that this is their first trip).

I also like to ask any young ones on the elevators to press the button for the 13th deck.

It is the little things that bring me oversized joy on these trips!

Except that wearing the proper color medallion requires that people come to attention and salute when you walk by what difference does the color of the medallion mean.  Would it help me if I put a layer of gold leaf on the medallion?

DON

6 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

Go figure this one.  A few days ago we received our medallions for a cruise on the Crown on April 14. We have been Elite for a while & the medallions we received were white with the Sea Witch in dark blue .  We are in a full suite.       What’s going on . Are these a mistake . Was their announcement that I missed about this. Is it me or does Princess do a rotten job of keeping passengers informed . You guys are the only way I get any info about any changes!!!

I'm on the same sailing, and also received the white medallion/blue sea witch. Not sure why. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BubbaJo said:

I'm on the same sailing, and also received the white medallion/blue sea witch. Not sure why. 

That does make me feel better, that’s it’s probably not a mistake. And as long as Princess has the right info for us, I don’t care what color it is.  Too bad it’s not purple since that’s my favorite color 🤪

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Outerdog said:

It's not a simple mistake.

Just received white with blue sea witch for 4/11 voyage on Royal. We are platinum.

I suspect they are using up stock.

A logical guess. 

10 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Except that wearing the proper color medallion requires that people come to attention and salute when you walk by what difference does the color of the medallion mean. 

As a soon to be blue medallion wearer, can you clue me in to the proper salutes for each medallion color? I would hate to get it wrong 🤪

10 hours ago, RedIguana said:

As a soon to be blue medallion wearer, can you clue me in to the proper salutes for each medallion color? I would hate to get it wrong 🤪

I'm not clear on the specifics, but I do know the ritual involves the lower tier pax moving out of the way in the corridors for the higher tier pax to pass unobstructed. You're meant to do a quick 90 degree pivot on your heel, place your back to the wall and make way.

• Haha 2

On 4/5/2023 at 1:15 AM, Ronnieslady said:

That does make me feel better, that’s it’s probably not a mistake. And as long as Princess has the right info for us, I don’t care what color it is.  Too bad it’s not purple since that’s my favorite color 🤪

You could get a nice purple holder or wristband. 

• Like 1

We got white for our upcoming April B2B cruise.  We got normal colors for our cruise 2 weeks ago.

I think they're pretty neat and it'll be a different colored magnet for the collection on the fridge.  I also think that it's a great idea, no more picking people out by medallion color!  BAHAHAHA!

On 2/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, Thrak said:

Actually, I'm often a bit envious of the Blue Card (or Medallion) people. It may just be their first cruise with Princess but it also may very well be their first ever cruise. You only get the "WOW" of the first cruise once and it definitely can be a truly amazing thing. (I know it was for me.)

I think a lot of us forget how it was - that first time - and you know what they say about your first!  Our first (and what we thought would be our only) cruise was on the Golden Princess on a Canada/New England cruise.  I went with a mini suite just to top off the experience.  We aren't newbie travelers - I was in the military for 30 years and spent most of that with travel bags handy.  But we were amazed as soon as we got on the ship.  If there were pictures (and I pray there aren't) of us walking around the ship that first day our mouths would be open and our eyes like we just took a hit (so I'm told).  It was a new world and we were thrilled to be part of it.

Then we went to dinner....  Our one and only experience with traditional dining and we ended up at a table with 6 ladies, they all either just got off a different ship, were using this one to get to another ship - or both.  They all must have been cold because they all had fur coats, they talked a lot about how many husbands they had gone through but mostly they just bitched.  You name it - they bitched about it - the ship, the cabins, the food, the people they were forced to eat with at dinner - EVERYTHING.  It made us wonder why we were so damn excited...

26 cruises later (5 Canada/New England) our mouths aren't open quite as much but we are still in awe that we get to cruise.  BUT we don't do traditional dining after that first one :-)