Live Value Cruising Review of Oasis of the Sea 2/6/22 - 2/13/22 Plenty of Pictures!

BennyBrun

1 minute ago, F27TW said:

What an absolutely amazing review.   You're selling me on the Oasis (class) .. the ship and the food look terrific!

What was this sign about? 

9FC0636A-B33C-415C-93D9-4B931DB2F00E.jpeg

Thank you so much and welcome aboard this virtual cruise!  That was outside on the walking deck 5.  They have quite a few humorous signs around to keep you entertained as you walk around the deck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Does the Windjammer have prime rib at dinner and if so, is it prepared the same was as the MDR? Want prime rib but really don’t want to eat in the MDR?

thanks

We will need Jimbo to comment on that one!  I have not seen it yet but if have I will post it and I am not a prime rib person.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Day 3

I am really digging this MDR lunch experience.  There is not a whole lot to select from compared to dinner but the service is excellent with plenty of space and you don’t feel rushed.  Much better atmosphere than Windjammers.

E661779E-B49C-427E-9546-C5E5C22E42CE.jpeg

74BCCD03-7803-4BF9-9A76-2A4BF9C5BB26.jpeg

91701C56-BC6B-4ED5-B474-8558F9972EA4.jpeg

9728AF32-D88E-45F5-9EC2-9F62475203CC.jpeg

558ED8F0-4548-4807-A4A3-6FFE644AC3BC.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

We will need Jimbo to comment on that one!  I have not seen it yet but if have I will post it and I am not a prime rib person.

Many years ago you would see it at a carving station in the Windjammer.

Not much different then you would see at home served during a  Sunday Brunch at a local restaurant.

@BennyBrun next time in Windjammer ask someone if they ever still do that?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 3

I am now changing back to summer clothing because I just found out Cats has been cancelled today!  It is not on day 7.  All reservations have been moved.  I guess they must do this quite often.  I must have also missed the announcement.  No Cats !  Should I start a new thread seeing if I should complain to guest relations?  JOKING!  Stuff happens… I crack on to something else… probably the Solarium again!

Thanks for posting such a great review. 

A long way out but we will be doing a b2b on this ship from Miami next feb. Coming from the UK so lets hope we dont get covid kicked. 

Have been on Oasis before from Barcelona. Always prefer windjammer due to ease and ammount of options for our 8 year old daughter. And can go when we want not set times. 

Thanks again for the fantastic review so far

• Thanks 1

The announcement was that several Cats performers had been injured.  

We had lunch at Portside BBQ.  The food was really good, and more than we could comfortably eat.  We had the 2 meat combo and a pulled pork sandwich.  Brisket was juicy and chicken was good.  Corn bread was quite tasty.  Banana desert was nice and lighter than the chocolate brownie thing.  My only comment was they seemed unorganized.  Not efficient, they did everything with pen and paper, not cards.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Thanks for posting such a great review. 

A long way out but we will be doing a b2b on this ship from Miami next feb. Coming from the UK so lets hope we dont get covid kicked. 

Have been on Oasis before from Barcelona. Always prefer windjammer due to ease and ammount of options for our 8 year old daughter. And can go when we want not set times. 

Thanks again for the fantastic review so far

Welcome aboard the virtual cruise!  Thank you so much.

9 minutes ago, ATG said:

The announcement was that several Cats performers had been injured.  

We had lunch at Portside BBQ.  The food was really good, and more than we could comfortably eat.  We had the 2 meat combo and a pulled pork sandwich.  Brisket was juicy and chicken was good.  Corn bread was quite tasty.  Banana desert was nice and lighter than the chocolate brownie thing.  My only comment was they seemed unorganized.  Not efficient, they did everything with pen and paper, not cards.

Thank you for the update.  I really appreciate it.  I must have missed the announcement this morning.

16 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 2

Unfortunately I sat next to a lady at dinner time who complained about the strawberry trifle.  They used strawberry jello, cake and whipped cream in the trifle cup instead of strawberry jam.  I am used to the creative description on the menu and if I don’t like something I will either order something else or not eat it.  Not her, she made a point to tell the server that this is not a traditional trifle (the server does not even know what is a trifle other than what’s on the menu) he tried to offer her something else but she went on about a traditional trifle and said she will just eat the rest of her husband’s dessert and told him no.  You can’t win them all !  That will

probably be on the survey they fill out.

Um - I’m English and as far as I’m concerned “jello” (or jelly as we call it) IS traditional 🤔

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

Um - I’m English and as far as I’m concerned “jello” (or jelly as we call it) IS traditional 🤔

OMG !!  Can you please join this cruise so I can bring you over to her and let her know!  She just would not let it go! 😝 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Day 3 

so I am not sure what happened between this cruise and last cruise. But they are patrolling the pool area like a haw.  At the Solarium if it reaches 7 in the pool they will ask new comers to leave and if you stayed too long they signal you to get out.  Which is fine I like it this way but they did not do this last week.