Limited specialty dining on Summit- anyone done the chefs table?

dg33

We are cruising for 12 nights on the Summit and were looking at specialty dining choices. Having done Le Petite Chef twice, we are over it. So that leaves Tuscan and Sushi on Five. Has anyone done the Chefs Table on Summit? We have enjoyed it on other ships.

Sometimes they have special surprise dining events that get announced once you are onboard. When I was on Summit in 2019 they had a special poolside grill dinner event one night (food similar to Lawn Club Grill food) which was nice. I think they may have had an Indian food event one night as well. Not sure if they are still doing any of these since Covid.

• Like 1

We have done the Chef's table a couple times and can be hit or miss.   The food and service are impeccable but it is a roll of the dice on your table-mates.   Two of our dinners were wonderful and all got along well.    On another everyone cancelled last minute with the exception of us and another couple who wanted to debate presidential politics which I refuse to engage in.    It was like pulling teeth to carry on a conversation and VERY uncomfortable. 

• Like 1

I did the Chef's Table on Summit in October and November, as well as the Veuve Clicquot champagne dinner.  I much preferred the menu and pairing of the VC to the Chef's Table.  You cannot reserve it in advance, though, so if it is of interest to you, ask a maitre d' or sommelier to add you to the list first thing when you board.

3 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I did the Chef's Table on Summit in October and November, as well as the Veuve Clicquot champagne dinner.  I much preferred the menu and pairing of the VC to the Chef's Table.  You cannot reserve it in advance, though, so if it is of interest to you, ask a maitre d' or sommelier to add you to the list first thing when you board.

What was the menu like at the VC dinner?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 4:43 PM, dg33 said:

We are cruising for 12 nights on the Summit and were looking at specialty dining choices. Having done Le Petite Chef twice, we are over it. So that leaves Tuscan and Sushi on Five. Has anyone done the Chefs Table on Summit? We have enjoyed it on other ships.

The Chefs Table is great.   This will be my first time doing it on the Summit.  I have already sign up for this Chefs Table. I am a solo and love doing this.  Every ship does this experience differently.  I highly recommend this experience.  I however,  do not do the wine pairing especially if you have a drink packages.  I also recommend both Tuscan for dinner and Sushi on Five for lunch

sailnjmom49

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, itchintogo said:

We've done the Chef's dinner and really enjoyed it.  But I'm curious about the Veuve Clicquot champagne dinner, never heard of that!  Is that a special dinner you sign up for as well? Would love to try it.

You sign up for the champagne dinner onboard.  If you want to do it, beat feet to a specialty restaurant maitre d' or Cellar Masters and put your name on the list.

• Like 1

We did the VC dinner on Apex a couple of weeks ago. The food and pairings were wonderful, but as mentioned earlier, the event can be made great or diminished by how well the attendees mix. You'll need to ask for it by name - we first asked about any specialty dinners or wine pairings and this wasn't offered. The cost was $199 per person. 

• Like 1