Picture-a-week 2022 week 06

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, February 7 and Sunday, February 13.

Thanks for the stunt double work last week, Docker123! I curse busy Mondays!

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

There is a arts display in Williamstown at the moment. It celebrates the relationship between the people and the water from present day to the indigenous people for thousands of years. Sea Flowers and Sea Stories

A QR code can be scanned to here stories, oral histories, and sea related music (sea stories). In Hobsons Bay, between the Williamstown Sailing Club and the Hobsons Bay Yacht float a host of of sea flowers -- aluminium, about 5ft across.

seaflower2.thumb.jpg.9ae46f3f0759220e8b54e2195ae9264e.jpg

seaflower1.thumb.jpg.ce997612534c73be0217195bfb24aba9.jpg

seaflower3.thumb.jpg.b46ad7e88847a6820d4157cd6f2f67d1.jpg

• Like 4

Late Saturday evening, Kim was already in bed watching TV and I was still up watching my own show. Neither of us were asleep at the time, but a loud "boom" that is both from an unknown source and obviously close by is never welcome. It was very loud for her as the bedroom is at the front of the house. Several walls away, I was confused for a moment by an Imperial Star Destroyer exploding at the exact same moment with a resounding response from the subwoofer. We went out to look and there were more neighbors than we see in a decade already on the sidewalks. Thankfully, everybody walked away with no ambulance needed. Two hours later, all that was left to see were a few bits of car and some kitty litter sprinkled on the stains.

Big Bada-Boom

1512718877_2022-06BigBada-Boom.thumb.jpg.7c8bc850c71878618fbdeccaf2cf5b6b.jpg

Dave

• Like 2

I spent last weekend at Disney World - starting February 11th, so the photos I have this week are from there rather than my usual wildlife (though I'll throw in at least one bird, just because that's what I'm known for!).  Starting off Friday at Disney's Hollywood Studios, on my way out after dinner at the Brown Derby, I took a few shots during 'blue hour' after the sun had set - I love this time of evening when the camera picks up rich blues in the sky that you don't see with the naked eye...all are handheld snaps, as I didn't bring the tripod, using the in-camera HDR mode:

Store along the main street:

original.jpg

Looking back at the Art Deco gates to the park, with blue hour skies plus some leftover orange glow from the sunset:

original.jpg

A lovely day out on Bay Lake, passing another boat heading into Magic Kingdom, and passing the Contemporary Resort hotel:

original.jpg

I can't go without posting any wildlife...so while visiting the Polynesian Resort for dinner, I saw this female anhinga drying its wings on the dock:

original.jpg

A beautiful Sunday day coming to a close at sunset, at Epcot Center's Japan pavilion:

original.jpg

Early evening at China's temple in Epcot:

original.jpg

The final glow in the western sky behind the Canada pavilion across the lagoon at Epcot:

original.jpg

• Like 5