DRINKING ON BLUE LAGOON ISLAND

3red7s

We are booked for Blue Lagoon in April off the Edge.  I have some questions.  Do you pay for drinks on Blue Lagoon or does your SeaPass drink package carry over?  If not, do they have people taking orders on the beach & can you run a tab? or cash only?  And lastly, can you take your own bottle of wine onto the island for drinking?  (i know you cannot bring it back on board)  Any input you gave is greatly appreciated.  thank you

Blue Lagoon is not a Celebrity owned island so your sea pass drink package does not carry over. You can buy an excursion that includes lunch whcih includes some rum punch. You won't be happy with that. You can buy drinks on the beach. I don't know about a tab..  Also food. What I buy is one of the excursions that does not include food or drink. I don't buy the beach excursion. I have been booking the Stingray Excursion  which includes use of the beach but no lunch.In the past that was cheaper than  the beach package. You can skip the stingrays and go direct to the beach but I actually found the stingrays to be a blast.  You can't take your own bottle of wine. No outside food or drinks. 

Edited by Charles4515

I did the blue Lagoon excursion before Covid hit. I think it was 2019. There was a bar where you could buy drinks but I don’t recall any bar servers walking around the sand to take your drink orders. Lunch was terrible, the usual fare of cheap hotdogs and hamburgers wasn’t worth the money for the food.  If I went to get it I would just buy the stingray excursion which is less money and still give you access to the beach. 

2 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

I did the blue Lagoon excursion before Covid hit. I think it was 2019. There was a bar where you could buy drinks but I don’t recall any bar servers walking around the sand to take your drink orders. Lunch was terrible, the usual fare of cheap hotdogs and hamburgers wasn’t worth the money for the food.  If I went to get it I would just buy the stingray excursion which is less money and still give you access to the beach. 

Agree.  Awful hotdogs and grim hockey pucks for burgers.  The beach was great.  

We went to the Blue Lagoon in Oct. Don't expect the private island vibe you get from the cruise ship owed islands. It is smaller and more rustic. The beach had roots and concrete pieces sticking up in some spots. There were no servers. They had a bar, and if I remember correctly, we spent $15.00 for two Buds.