New York Excelsior Pass as proof of vax

dmcgeary

I do have my vaccination card listing all three of my Covid Shots.  In Washington State we can go online to the Washington Department of Health and get our Digital Covid shot information with a QR Code.  I have it saved on my phone.  I updated my info when I got my Booster.  Now my digital card shows all 3 shots.  When I went on a Princess Cruise this past December I had my Vaccination card with me, but showed them my digital proof from my phone at the San Francisco Pier.  I did not need to show my actual card.  In Cabo San Lucas we had to show proof of vacciniation to go into shops and restaruants by the port.  I just showed them my digital card on my phone.  For my upcoming Cruise on the Allure I will show my proof of vaccination from my cell phone, but will have my actual card with me as well tucked safe in my bag.  Many people of other countries are not given an actual card for proof.  They only have digital proof, which the cruise lines honor.  That is my experience & it was no problem at all.

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2022 at 6:56 PM, boscobeans said:

Side note: someone would have to be a real nut job to spend their time photoshopping a NYS vaccine passport so you can spend $$$$ to see the Music Man, but to each their own. 

Would take someone with a good graphics program 5 minutes to make a PERFECT fake.

WHY ? The same reason they are buying blank CDC cards or CDC cards with actual vaccination information on them.

BTW What does "click through" mean ?

Click through?

Swipe right.  The first screen shows your name, DOB and 5be number of doses. Second screen has a QR code.  Third screen has the details, meaning the date, which vaccine, lot number and where the dose was administered.

Here on Long Island they just arrested a nurse practitioner and two members of her staff for creating and selling fake vaccine cards.  They’re facing serious felony charges. No word yet in what they’re going to do to all of her “patients”, but apparently she did keep detailed records of who received the forged cards.  I’m wondering who would risk substituting a jail cell for a cruise cabin …

Edited by songbird1329

From the site: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-documents-are-accepted-as-proof-of-vaccination

Acceptable Proof of Vaccination

In order to present proof of vaccination for our cruises, the guest must show eligible documentation on boarding day at the terminal in the form of the vaccination record issued by either (1) the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card) (2) electronic vaccination records where country policy requires the use of electronic documentation via app or health agency site (e.g. UK NHS App, NHS Certificate, Israel Green Pass, EU Digital COVID Certificate), or (3) a letter from the guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination, which meets the following criteria: 

• The Proof of Vaccination must include the name of the vaccinated person matching the registered cruise guest with date of birth (DoB), the dates of the completed vaccination cycle, the administering physical or medical services provider, and the manufacturer of the vaccine issued. 
  • The full vaccination cycle must be completed at least 14 days before your sail date (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series such as Pfizer or Moderna or a single dose of J&J). 
  • The vaccine is recognized and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO).

NOTE: Royal Caribbean will accept a laminated original vaccine card from your country’s health authority as acceptable proof of vaccination, providing it meets all the aforementioned criteria. 

On 2/12/2022 at 2:48 PM, croozerz said:

AstoriaPreppy,

Do you have an update for us? Please and thank you!

The short answer is we tried, and the woman doing doc check was *very* confused. 

The long answer is that our doc check took almost 10 minutes. We did the full check in on the Royal App for the Anthem sailing, scanned our passports at home, uploaded the front/back of our vaccine cards, etc... which was completely useless when we got the pier at Bayonne.

We were directed to a check in lane with one couple in front of us, and noticed other passengers were moving much more quickly through the process. When we reached the doc check woman with the iPad, she scanned our set sail pass, and then proceeded to re-process both our passports and vaccine cards. When we tried using the NYS Excelsior Pass, she looked perplexed. Keep in mind, she was incredibly slow: as my husband noted on the elevator up to the gangway, it looked like she had never seen a CDC card in-person before, flipping each one over multiple times before figuring out which side to photograph.

I'm still not sure if the Excelsior Pass would work with a more competent customer service agent, but unfortunately this wasn't really the rep to figure it out with.

• Thanks 1