Question about switching travel agents....

Jerda

I had booked and cancelled 2 cruises with my Travel Agent (due to COVID) and currently have FCC for my original deposit.  I'm wondering if I can switch to booking directly through Royal without hassle even though I have an FCC with my previous TA?   I'm just finding the communication really poor and I already have had a cruise go up in price because I was waiting for a response.  I'm usually more up to date on what is going on and pricing than she is.....  

Thanks! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jerda said:

I had booked and cancelled 2 cruises with my Travel Agent (due to COVID) and currently have FCC for my original deposit.  I'm wondering if I can switch to booking directly through Royal without hassle even though I have an FCC with my previous TA?   I'm just finding the communication really poor and I already have had a cruise go up in price because I was waiting for a response.  I'm usually more up to date on what is going on and pricing than she is.....  

Thanks! 

My understanding iscthat fcc is yours and you don't need ta.  All you need is the fcc number. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jerda said:

Thanks! 

You own the FCC's and can use them with any travel agent or by booking direct.

• Like 1

I've had the same experience with my TA, she's done nothing but take my emails and made 2 calls to book things.  I've had to contact her twice to reprice things, and one of them she almost hosed anyway.  I'm done!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You don't even need the FCC number, the reservation number that they were issued from will suffice

Don't you still have to have the Old Travel Agent release the booking back to RCCL before you can just use the old reservation number to use your FCC?

Reservation # doesn't do you any good as long as booking is still in old travel agents hands.

Edited by Jimbo

Update - I bit the bullet and sat on hold (the original reason for posting this question was they caution long hold times when you call) -  they say there will be a long hold on the prompt but was not long at all!!    I was able to discuss and use my FCC without any questions as to whether I had a Travel Agent and she answered a lot of questions I had - great customer service! All is well!!  

That said -  If you have FCC - they haven't updated all the certificates to reflect the new change in expiration date - make sure you ask the right questions.  I'm currently on hold just waiting on paper work to finalize. 

Thanks all! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1