Viking Homelands 2022 Season

NeilP57

3 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Before the excursion out of Eidfjord was reinstated I was looking into the above as an "on our own" option out of Bergen. Looked like an excellent tour. Others here have commented on it in general (and favorably). You can always rent a car and drive to Flam. Probably lots of other options. With any luck you''ll hear from others here.

Was able to get in and book excursions last night (April 7) and was emailed an updated invoice confirming the bookings. This morning My Viking Journey is blocked: "Your booking is currently locked for updates".

Also, when I click on the itenerary for my specific cruise (June 22 Viking Homelands), nothing happens, the screen darkens and never updates.

Changes seem to be afoot. Hopefully for the better. (But we'll see,)

2 hours ago, duquephart said:

Has the Flam railroad excursion out of Eidfjord now become available?

Yes, it was added yesterday. But now MVJ has been locked for updates for several hours...

14 minutes ago, cmaasfamily said:

Was able to get in and book excursions last night (April 7) and was emailed an updated invoice confirming the bookings. This morning My Viking Journey is blocked: "Your booking is currently locked for updates".

Also, when I click on the itenerary for my specific cruise (June 22 Viking Homelands), nothing happens, the screen darkens and never updates.

Changes seem to be afoot. Hopefully for the better. (But we'll see,)

Same here. I added the Flam Railway yesterday but my mom was locked out yesterday and couldn't look for herself at the Oslo options so we haven't booked those yet. And now it appears that everyone is locked out. Hoping it opens soon so we can book excursions and I can just concentrate on what to pack!

I just chatted with Viking. Their entire reservation system is currently down and has been since early this morning. They said they hope to have it back up soon and to check later today. It also affects MVJ accounts.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Did folks here receive the promised $250pp credit for the itinerary change? Was it applied when booking excursions?

$250 is on board credit, so can't be used until you board as I understand it. I did use up our voucher credit on excursions, however.

3 hours ago, cmaasfamily said:

$250 is on board credit, so can't be used until you board as I understand it. I did use up our voucher credit on excursions, however.

I requested a new guest statement when the itinerary changed. The $250 per person was listed on the guest statement as Promotional Amenities - Complimentary $250 Shipboard Credit (p/Person). I believe Viking Onboard Credit can be used prior to boarding to purchase offerings on MVJ i.e. gratuities, excursions, spa, etc.

17 hours ago, dwlmg said:

I requested a new guest statement when the itinerary changed. The $250 per person was listed on the guest statement as Promotional Amenities - Complimentary $250 Shipboard Credit (p/Person). I believe Viking Onboard Credit can be used prior to boarding to purchase offerings on MVJ i.e. gratuities, excursions, spa, etc.

That is my understanding as well.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:22 AM, janetcbl said:

MVJ is back on line…..no changes in posting of excursions or anything else.

I went camping with my son's scout troop over the weekend. Came back to see that excursions for Mariehamn were up - and the optional one was totally sold out. I guess you had to be online at the time they released them. My mom and I had planned to do the included anyway, but it is crazy that it was sold out the day it posted. And we still haven't received the email that we were assured we would get when those ports opened.

5 minutes ago, BethU86 said:

I went camping with my son's scout troop over the weekend. Came back to see that excursions for Mariehamn were up - and the optional one was totally sold out. I guess you had to be online at the time they released them. My mom and I had planned to do the included anyway, but it is crazy that it was sold out the day it posted. And we still haven't received the email that we were assured we would get when those ports opened.

Nothing up yet for my sailing. Which one sold out?

Island Hopping,  I am in the same situation.  If you look at the main page this stop is supposed to have many more options though we only have 3.  I know Viking is doing their best but for those that paid for PV room and above to not even have the option is starting to tick me off.  

image.thumb.png.94237113ace499cb9e8449bf22134520.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bpolen said:

Island Hopping,  I am in the same situation.  If you look at the main page this stop is supposed to have many more options though we only have 3.  I know Viking is doing their best but for those that paid for PV room and above to not even have the option is starting to tick me off.  

image.thumb.png.94237113ace499cb9e8449bf22134520.png

I wonder where I could find links to the descriptions. I want to be ready.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:10 PM, dwlmg said:

I asked in the chat about the onboard credit. Here's the reply: "Great question! Your shipboard credits have been added as an amenity to the booking and you will be able to use the funds onboard with us for any spa treatments, drinks, or the gift shop!"

I then asked if we would receive a credit at the end of cruise if not used - here's the answer: "I am very sorry though, the credits would not be returned after the cruise."

26 minutes ago, GVHarrier said:

I asked in the chat about the onboard credit. Here's the reply: "Great question! Your shipboard credits have been added as an amenity to the booking and you will be able to use the funds onboard with us for any spa treatments, drinks, or the gift shop!"

I then asked if we would receive a credit at the end of cruise if not used - here's the answer: "I am very sorry though, the credits would not be returned after the cruise."

From the email we received announcing the change in itinerary.

"We appreciate your understanding of these necessary changes. As a token of our appreciation, we will be adding a $250 shipboard credit to your account for this voyage for each guest. This credit can be applied toward optional shore excursions, onboard services or used to purchase a Silver Spirits Beverage Package. Additionally, upon your return you will receive a 10% Future Cruise Voucher based on your paid cruise fare. The voucher can be used toward any future voyage with Viking—river, ocean, or expedition—and will be emailed to you after the cruise."