OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECk SEASHORE FEB 12

morpheusofthesea

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Reserved area being set up for select few willing to reserve a table at the Long Island pool to watch the Super Bowl on the big screen . "For the special price of $250 for 2 people or $500 for 4 people you get drinks accompanied by mouth-watering American snacks !"

Note that there are no tables! Eat on your lap. Hahaha

12 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Had lunch in the YC restaurant. The cobb salad was better than i remembered ( maybe we are just so appreciative, but everything is so much better right now). Spoke to the maitre d' about having the same table for all three meals in the YC restaurant. His only concern was how early would we be. We told him we would be first for every meal. "Then no problem, what table would you prefer". When we selected a table for two in a corner a waiter approached me and called out my name. He had been our waiter 2 years ago and remembered (our tip?). He requested of the maitre d' to switch his section to be our waiter this trip again, we could not refuse. 

Who's your waiter?

Of ALL the Swarovski crystal staircases on the Seashore, I have found the most beautiful. They are found in the Top Sail Lounge leading up to the Yacht Club Restaurant. They are the only stairs that 'dance' in the sunlight. (the long hiatus has sharpened my astute senses for this sort of thing). Not taking these moments for granted.

IMG_1517.jpg

• Like 1

Ooooh...this is such a lovely review.

Will be on the Seashore YC in April - first cruise in 2.5 years after covid cancelled 6 separate sailings. Was supposed to be on the Meraviglia TODAY, but again, Covid regs got in the way (we live in Bermuda, so travel is prohibitively difficult). Seeing this wonderful post just made my day. 

Now...if Joe Burrow can just take the Bengals all the way, I will be in heaven. HOO DEY!!!!

Warmest, Amy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Svealise said:

Great review! If you have the time, would you mind taking a picture of what excursions available on your cruise and the cost? Also how much is the 4 specialty dining package? 

Can you not get that information when you log into your booking?

12 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Can you not get that information when you log into your booking?

Thanks for the answer. We never bother. I only hope this review, as all my reviews in this stage of my existence are from a different perspective than they once were 50 years ago. Yes, it was most important to once have visited and climbed every pyramid at any cost. Taking a 3  hour 'bumpy' bus ride into Chitchen Itza for a 1 hour climb to the top and another 3 hour 'bumpy' ride back, wishing we had paid the $400 for the tour that offered air flights to the same. Now the memories we have are not of the tours themselves, just the journeys we had getting there.

1 minute ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Thanks for the answer. We never bother. I only hope this review, as all my reviews in this stage of my existence are from a different perspective than they once were 50 years ago. Yes, it was most important to once have visited and climbed every pyramid at any cost. Taking a 3  hour 'bumpy' bus ride into Chitchen Itza for a 1 hour climb to the top and another 3 hour 'bumpy' ride back, wishing we had paid the $400 for the tour that offered air flights to the same. Now the memories we have are not of the tours themselves, just the journeys we had getting there.

Sorry!  Meant to respond directly to Svealise

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Very nice, James!  You can definitely rest well in the arms of you namesake with these views!

Yes !  This is what I am focusing on in my reviews. Service, Treatment. It makes the food taste better, the wine fuller, the sun less harsh, the breezes cooler, the air we breath purer.

Today we docked with the sun radiating into our balcony for this morning. So we moseyed on up, one deck to YC Pool and approached a red cap/shirt pool attendant to grab some royal blue YC towels and picked out this cabana in the shade ($5 tip to unfold the towels properly on the cushioned deck loungers). Life is good in the YC.

IMG_1535.jpg

I can really understand passengers interest in specialty restaurants, especially on perhaps a Carnival  Ship (from what I have read). But when one begins traveling in the suite category with a suite dedicated restaurant, one need not be 'bothered' with specialty restaurants. The maitre d's are so attentive to suite guests. This past year, since restart in June, the service in suite venues is phenomenal. Those that are gaining upgrades to suite venues will never go back to their old ways of cruising again (And DW is unanimous in that).

• Like 2

This morning we are docked in some port of Jamaica. No testing on board, no testing on shore this time. For this port stop, like all port stops the best non-tour for us is right where we are, a cabana in the shade on the pool deck of the most glamorous ship on the water today. Our waiter has been stationed here for breakfast and lunch. However last night knowing he would be MIA (missing in action) in the YC restaurant for breakfast, he left instructions to his 'relief' waiter how we like our eggs, my donuts and DW's banana .($5 tip to this 'relief' waiter for getting it perfect). I have a method of extra $ cash tips. I tip at point of service for casual 'relief' service providers that are not assigned to us. Breakfast $5 for the two of us, $10 for lunch, $20 for dinner.  

There are a couple of small incidentals that I notice are missing that I 'think' I remember we had on Seaside and Divina RS. Luckily they are of no real consequence to us. First, were no higher end toiletries. They usually make me break out in a rash especially my face. No welcome prosecco and chocolates.(also makes my face break out in rash). No slippers (usually too big and would only make me trip and further damage my already rashed face).

• Haha 1

Lunch was a real treat today being in port. We ate in the open YC restaurant. Having sailed on Celebrity for the last 6 sailings and having to search for a non buffet venue when in port that does not entail sushi or French baguettes is a real treat. After lunch we had a chance to wander the ship with even less passengers on board.

7 hours ago, Svealise said:

Great review! If you have the time, would you mind taking a picture of what excursions available on your cruise and the cost? Also how much is the 4 specialty dining package? 

When one is not interested in something, one becomes oblivious to its existence. Until this after lunch walk about on the ship. The first thing that struck my attention was a possible answer to part of your question.

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

• Like 1

This is the Brooklyn jazz bar. Vaccinated only venue.  Many venues are the same as the Seaside only bigger and a different name. Tonight is red and white night and Valentine's day, so I brought my red/orangish ultra suede jacket, black Thai silk shirt with coordinating tie. (there is always one festive evening that this outfit finds itself 'tripping the light fantastic'. We always enjoy the jazz ensemble in this venue every cruise just before bed (I gauge bedtime when DW begins to nod off during the set).

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg