OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECk SEASHORE FEB 12

morpheusofthesea

Here is a third reason to choose Yacht Club on the Seashore. I know food is based on personal taste, so before one dismisses this post 'out of hand', one must give these donuts one try. Don't fret, not a single donut remained on the plate.

P.S. Now one knows why I cannot do a B2B on any ship.

IMG_1611.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

MSC even improved on the balcony window washing. Last time on the Seaside I was sitting typing away when the washing apparatus completely caught me off guard and I got drenched. This time the apparatus makes a shrieking sound like a smoke detector that goes off. So I had time to peer over the side to see what was making the sound.

IMG_1621.jpg

Another observation that struck our senses. The entertainment. Specifically the actors themselves. They 'crave' our applause more than ever. This was not so true of the GUEST acts on board the Celebrity Edge or Equinox (they couldn't wait to get off the stage, let alone come back for a second bow). But for all the singers and dancers on both cruise lines one can 'feel' the energy they are putting into each performance. They are pausing at the end of each performance looking for our feed back (applause). These performers would love Celebrity guests which in the first 6 months of restart gave every performance a standing ovation.

While having lunch in the open YC restaurant (while in port of Cozumel) I glanced out the window and spied someone special hanging from ropes painting the gold lettering on the back end of the Disney Wonder. There appears to be a 'familiar' arm protruding from a port hole with large scissors cutting the support ropes.

IMG_1624.jpg

• Haha 1

Another observation. Having all read disturbing reports about how little many cruise crew and staff are allowed to go ashore by many localities in these pandemic times. Most of us do not realize that we as passengers have all the time in the world to explore the ship we are on. We are running into and chatting with staff about how beautiful 'this and that' is on board and they have no idea what we are talking about. They live on board this magnificent vessel and can find no time.

Great job! Glade you enjoyed.. Thanks for taking the time to share your vacation experience with us.. Wishing I could cancel my MSC cruise this March to a less restrictive cruise line like NCL Haven with no mandates and all bars open with seating! Keeping fingers crossed MSC jumps on board with everyone else. One question I have do they test you at port as well even if you bring a negative test with you?

17 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It probably wasn't intended but this particular cruise ship would be extra sensitive when it comes to the word "overboard".  

Although the young man (R.I.P.) didn't actually go overboard, there was a "man overboard...." announcement on Seashore less than two months ago. 

Never used the word to associate with the young man. Sorry!

That is one of the biggest problems with social media. Interpretation.

Stay Safe! 

On 2/12/2022 at 5:22 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

Okay, all logged in sitting in my cabin with some tips I learned today. First, Mapquest did a great job, typed in the Port of Miami and that was it. Saw the sign on left for MSC check-in, with cars pulling up unloading baggage, immediately said to DW where are the white tents? They were 500 ft further down on this one-way thoroughfare.  Backed out and proceeded to white tent. Porter immediately greeted us and we tipped him $40 to make sure all 11 suitcases were 'properly' handled. My question to the YC tent persons was were do you advise we park? He said Parking Garage G (Seashore is docked at F) about 1000 ft down this one-way street. I further asked the YC attendants what happens should the Seashore return at the end of cruise to Terminal C (1 1/4 miles away from Garage G). He stated we will be definitely be  coming back to Terminal F and the walk will be even shorter. Walk back to tents from parking garage G was 20 minutes.

11 suitcases??  How did you get to port…U-Haul?😉

1 hour ago, kym05 said:

Great job! Glade you enjoyed.. Thanks for taking the time to share your vacation experience with us.. Wishing I could cancel my MSC cruise this March to a less restrictive cruise line like NCL Haven with no mandates and all bars open with seating! Keeping fingers crossed MSC jumps on board with everyone else. One question I have do they test you at port as well even if you bring a negative test with you?

Thanks for your endorsement ! Yes we had the same thoughts about MSC and did cancel our bookings on the Meraviglia due to MSC's masking policy and testing on board of all passengers regardless if they were staying on board or getting off in any port of call that demanded such testing. We just about canceled this cruise as well giving it the 48 hour option, asking the same question of folks on CC and FB. Especially about on board testing , possible close contact tracing and quarantining/isolation in a very lessor cabin. We switched all the Meraviglia sailings to Celebrity and MSC applied all deposits to Seashore. Our answer to sail on this Seashore sailing came from the great posters on this board from the week before this cruise on the Seashore saying that there was no testing of all passengers during the cruise unless one reported to 'sick bay' with symptoms. So glad for our fellow posters on CC. This is our best cruise yet ! So glad we came on board. Will be back in this same cabin in 4 weeks! 

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Will be back in this same cabin in 4 weeks! 

Wow, will you be sailing the March 19th sailing? We are booked that week on the middle foreword facing cabin. And thank you for your quick response.

7 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

At this evenings show our CD, Gene , made a statement that this evenings attendance at the Madison Theatre is the smallest Seashore has ever had. But in six weeks the Seashore's bookings show a back to normal of over 6000 passengers. Folks, the party is over....

Darn. I was hoping my April sailing wouldn’t be a full sailing. 
Enjoying your posts…thank you. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

At this evenings show our CD, Gene , made a statement that this evenings attendance at the Madison Theatre is the smallest Seashore has ever had. But in six weeks the Seashore's bookings show a back to normal of over 6000 passengers. Folks, the party is over....

We sail on the 26th wishing it would go back to normal by then but no such luck I am sure.  Maybe the second week will get better.

20 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This morning in Cozumel we have the New Disney Wonder pulling in beside us. The port was treated to the Disney Wonder tooting its horn to "When you wish upon a star" when it finished docking. The Wonder also uses this melody before PA announcements. Please notice that the lifeboats are raised providing old-time teak cushioned lounge deck chairs a proper view. (Will probably never sail on a Disney ship, but can still appreciate any cruise line's amenities).

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

Thought we'd never sail DCL but did so many years ago and have been on all ships.

The ships are fabulous.  Interesting, they have more adults only areas then most ships.

Most rooms have two bathrooms, one with the crapper and one with shower side by side to expedite things for families.

2 hours ago, travelwide said:

Which dock were you at in Cozumel? Last time we were at the carnival pier way out. Hope the answer is downtown. 😊

I asked DW that same question yesterday. She says 'downtown' because she was able to pinpoint her favorite shop. We did not get off the ship this trip. We will get off (weather permitting)  at Ocean Cay.