On Escape now….masks

ElizaSTN

We’re onboard the Escape now (all 10 of us made it on, hallelujah!). For those interested, I would say mask compliance is around 50% and enforcement is zero (from our observation.)  This makes us very happy, but I know others feel differently, so just FYI.

Happy to answer any questions!  I’m waiting til the end to write a full review.  Hoping things turn around from some missteps the first day.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, ElizaSTN said:

We’re onboard the Escape now (all 10 of us made it on, hallelujah!). For those interested, I would say mask compliance is around 50% and enforcement is zero (from our observation.)  This makes us very happy, but I know others feel differently, so just FYI.

Happy to answer any questions!  I’m waiting til the end to write a full review.  Hoping things turn around from some missteps the first day.

The fifty percent compliance is about what I saw yesterday at Walmart.   For the record, there is no mask requirement here in Alabama.  Still about fifty percent wear masks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ElizaSTN said:

Thanks for the update.  We’re sailing on the Escape next week and would love to hear anything else about your experience this week that you’d like to share.  

The Escape is my absolute favorite ship.  Are they still doing some complimentary dinner club shows?  Are there any changes that you have noticed since before Covid, except of course for Covid measures.  

Cruising on Epic on 2/27. 
Glad the masks are not enforced because we usually try to avoid elevators and use stairs instead. Plus 10k steps per day minimum. This way we can work out at least part of what we overeat. 
Going upstairs 10 floors (even 5)  masked is impossible. So going maskless is healthy choice for us.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lixogab said:

Glad the masks are not enforced because we usually try to avoid elevators and use stairs instead. Plus 10k steps per day minimum. This way we can work out at least part of what we overeat. 
Going upstairs 10 floors (even 5)  masked is impossible. So going maskless is healthy choice for us.

Not impossible based on experience.

Also interesting that 2 weeks ago compliance was more like 90%.  Different crowd, I guess.  Probably not coincidentally it was the best behaved bunch of passengers that I have ever seen on a cruise.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Not impossible based on experience.

Also interesting that 2 weeks ago compliance was more like 90%.  Different crowd, I guess.  Probably not coincidentally it was the best behaved bunch of passengers that I have ever seen on a cruise.

I wonder if it is partially that people getting on right now know that in just a few weeks there will once again be no masks onboard so they are more willing to test the limits of the masks being enforced right now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

Has nothing at all to do with whatever it is you’re implying.  Everyone knows that the mandate is about to expire and it’s pro

forma at this point. We’re in the Haven and compliance is probably 20% if that. 

• Like 2

I just got off the Escape yesterday. I would say on my sailing, probably 90% of the passengers were masked, except when eating or drinking, myself included.  I was on an elevator once with someone without a mask (holding a cocktail so I guess he was actively drinking) but most of the time the elevator was empty when I got on.  I figure since the wonderful crew have to wear one all day, every day and are happy to see and serve us, the least I can do is join them in solidarity.  My travel partner caught covid in November (from his kids) and omicron in December after going to Vegas so it is possible to get infected more then once.  There were two individuals in the waiting room tent that had to be retested but I don't know what happened to them because I got my negative test and left before their spouses where notified. There was absolutely no talk of covid positive passengers, crew, quarantines or close contact...the ship was very healthy (and I asked officers about the status). 4th cruise since the restart, 2 unmasked and 2 masked and honestly not much difference between them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lixogab said:

Do  consider getting a better mask.   We have found a good K95 that you can order from Amazon and throw away after a few uses actually is more breathable than our cloth and spandex masks that are not as effective.   If we had only known we were wasting our money on cloth.  I thinking the breathability is enhance because there is more room underneath.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nalrudaini said:

Enjoy your cruise 🌹

I'm sailing the Escape on Saturday.  I was wondering if you can recommend where I can get a PCR test? 

We are not from Orlando. 

Why do you specifically want a PCR test?

1 minute ago, nalrudaini said:

This is what their letter said, 96 hours before embarkation. 

If you are leaving this weekend, you will be tested at the pier, regardless. If you want NCL's help with quarantine accommodations, in the event you test positive, you need to test yourself within 96 hrs. Either way, there's no PCR test involved. To the best of my knowledge.