Price Drop After Final Payment

aswmammoth

1 hour ago, pghflyer said:

Just sharing for the good of others............I booked a balcony guarantee through big box, have paid our final payment, and got our room assignment which was less than ideal......so that and seeing as the fare was down about $600 per person, I gave a call to agent to see if any options. 

Long time on hold for them to get an NCL agent, and then that NCL agent on hold trying to get an NCL supervisor. 

Basically they said they don't give anything back after final payment but might could do an upgrade....but would have to temporarily remove me from my group rate, temporarily remove my air promo.....just to find out IF there were any options for me to upgrade to, and these would only be available to me IF I would PAY an unknown amount EXTRA to get an unknown type of upgrade room. 

All that started sounding too much so we told them not to bother. No big deal, it was a calculated risk booking far in advance for a guarantee room with a TA who doesn't participate in the upgrade program.  At this point just thrilled if the darned sailing takes place and hits most the ports! 🙂

Per my pcc, if you have the airfare promo you can't upgrade after final payment because that promo affected the cost when you booked.  Been that way since last August.  You might be able to do something if you are willing to dump the airfare.

2 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Just sharing for the good of others............I booked a balcony guarantee through big box, have paid our final payment, and got our room assignment which was less than ideal......so that and seeing as the fare was down about $600 per person, I gave a call to agent to see if any options. 

Long time on hold for them to get an NCL agent, and then that NCL agent on hold trying to get an NCL supervisor. 

Basically they said they don't give anything back after final payment but might could do an upgrade....but would have to temporarily remove me from my group rate, temporarily remove my air promo.....just to find out IF there were any options for me to upgrade to, and these would only be available to me IF I would PAY an unknown amount EXTRA to get an unknown type of upgrade room. 

All that started sounding too much so we told them not to bother. No big deal, it was a calculated risk booking far in advance for a guarantee room with a TA who doesn't participate in the upgrade program.  At this point just thrilled if the darned sailing takes place and hits most the ports! 🙂

Luckily it isn't always that complicated! I booked a Studio on Bliss for last October - no TA involved, no group rate, no airfare, just a straight booking through NCL.com. When prices started to drop after the final payment date, I called to pay for an upgrade to a balcony. No problem. Prices kept dropping so I called again later on to pay my way into a Club Balcony. No problem. This only works when the new cabin category is priced higher than the one you've already paid for.

Another Bliss cruise approaches. Later this week I'm going to be making another call to NCL to move on up since single-occupancy BB balconies are now just about $200 more than I paid for the Studio. They get more money, I get a cheap balcony in Alaska, it's all good.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:24 PM, dacsmom said:

I am a solo cruiser. I booked when the itinerary first came out. I am sailing on Sunday and the price is over $700 less than what I paid. I do understand fluctuations, but within the past month the bottom fell out. I put in an upgrade bid that I did get, but I too am frustrated. I alternate between RCI, Celebrity, Carnival, and NCL depending on the best deal at the time. When the sailings resumed I got some great deals on RCI and Carnival. NCL, not so much. Luckily, there are other lines who want my money too.

Well you also have to realize people getting that low fare are booking last minute. That means they're very flexible with vacation time etc. I don't see why everyone booking way in advance feels they should get the same fares. Last minute is last minute. It's way less convenient than making your perfect plans way in advance.

• Like 3

My TA's agency charges for any cancelation and rebooking, I asked about the $400 per person drop in Oceanview cabin and she said no OBC could be offered after calling NCL .   

Wouldn't her agency have the liberty of offering me more OBC ??

I just sent her another email asking for an upgrade to balcony since it's only around $50 more pp.  

Is this possible or do I have to go the route of bidding? which by the way I did receive a mail months ago.

perplexed!

7 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:

My TA's agency charges for any cancelation and rebooking, I asked about the $400 per person drop in Oceanview cabin and she said no OBC could be offered after calling NCL .   

I just sent her another email asking for an upgrade to balcony since it's only around $50 more pp.  

Is this possible or do I have to go the route of bidding? which by the way I did receive a mail months ago.

perplexed!

You can call and upgrade your room directly, as long as you are paying something additional to them to upgrade.

We originally booked an Oceanview, when prices dropped we called and upgraded to a balcony for about $25pp.  At one point, prices dropped so much that a standard club balcony suite was listed $150 cheaper per person than what we already paid for a balcony.  Since that category was priced less than what we had already paid, they would not upgrade us.

We ended up paying another $45 pp to upgrade to a club balcony suite w/ larger balcony.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aswmammoth said:

You can call and upgrade your room directly, as long as you are paying something additional to them to upgrade.

We originally booked an Oceanview, when prices dropped we called and upgraded to a balcony for about $25pp.  At one point, prices dropped so much that a standard club balcony suite was listed $150 cheaper per person than what we already paid for a balcony.  Since that category was priced less than what we had already paid, they would not upgrade us.

We ended up paying another $45 pp to upgrade to a club balcony suite w/ larger balcony.

Just did a quick online chat and I cannot contact NCL directly since I booked via a TA.

15 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:

perplexed!

There are agencies that do not charge you for cancellations and changes.  Just an FYI.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:

Just did a quick online chat and I cannot contact NCL directly since I booked via a TA.

My TA called and did it for me with no cancellation penalties or other nonsense from either them or NCL... upgraded for an small additional cost after final payment as they had dropped the prices.  Just watch our for the perks to change to what they're currently offering as they may differ from what you already have.

• Thanks 1

If you've pre-purchased add-ons to your cruise, such as the Premium Plus Beverage package, the additional Specialty Dining Night Offer (59.99 for an extra two nights - talked about in another thread), and the Unlimited Internet Package, can you carry these over if you upgrade after your PIF date?

48 minutes ago, PeeDeeEX said:

If you've pre-purchased add-ons to your cruise, such as the Premium Plus Beverage package, the additional Specialty Dining Night Offer (59.99 for an extra two nights - talked about in another thread), and the Unlimited Internet Package, can you carry these over if you upgrade after your PIF date?

Mine did as they are separate from the cabin reservation. 

That said, it couldn't hurt to make sure that they're unaffacted before you commit as inexperienced NCL staff can accidentally mess up things.

Edited by lgdesign

50 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Yup - don't want to lose my extra specialty nights and WIFI and airfare and such. 

Unless the price difference more than makes up for it. 

The new wifi perk was actually better than the my old perk and the loss of a couple of specialty dinners still netted me a major gain in terms of the upgraded cabin. 

You have to do the math for yourself and see how it nets out for your specific reservation and wants.  For me, it was well worth it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

Mine did as they are separate from the cabin reservation. 

That said, it couldn't hurt to make sure that they're unaffacted before you commit asiInexperienced NCL staff can accidentally mess up things.

Awesome, Thanks!

• 1 year later...

We booked (and paid for) a NCL cruise for this November through Priceline a month ago (6/26/23) and today we discovered it went down about $260 pp! We just got off the phone with Priceline’s Cruise Dept and our rep was able to speak with NCL directly to find out our options.

After reading all the comments here, we weren’t sure we’d have any options. But, to NCL’s credit, they gave us the choice to upgrade our interior cabin to an Oceanview stateroom for free OR we could receive a FCC for the total fare difference.

It was a no-brainer for us— we upgraded to an OV without hesitation! Plus, we asked about a free Wifi and $50 shore excursion credit (as offered in NCL’s current promotion) and they honored that as well! Total win today! : )

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, sbobsbob said:

I agree NCL is not customer friendly once they have your money. There was a major price drop, but for their own internal greed they are not offering a FCC. 
if you can still cancel they will adjust pricing. 

Multiple posters have reported receiving FCC for price drops after final payment.  I received an FCC of over $1500.

On 12/18/2023 at 8:05 PM, sbobsbob said:

I agree NCL is not customer friendly once they have your money. There was a major price drop, but for their own internal greed they are not offering a FCC. 
if you can still cancel they will adjust pricing. 

we received a FCC for $2000 last week after we completed our cruise and i requested it after final payment.