Useful hint for the stateroom coffeemakers

longterm

56 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

My trick using those machines is a cappuccino with a shot of espresso. 

Only problem is you have to get dressed! 😉

Have you not read all the other threads on this forum????   People don’t get dresses anymore, just throw on your robe and go anywhere you want😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

While we are on the topic of hot drinks a niggle for us on Viking Oceans is that at breakfast there is a jug of coffee on each table.  If you dont want that - we dont - you have to get up, walk to the drinks station, possibly wait for space, get water, teabag and milk.  The plus is your drink is as you like it. 

4 hours ago, Planning to cruise said:

While we are on the topic of hot drinks a niggle for us on Viking Oceans is that at breakfast there is a jug of coffee on each table.  If you dont want that - we dont - you have to get up, walk to the drinks station, possibly wait for space, get water, teabag and milk.  The plus is your drink is as you like it. 

FWIW, we regularly had breakfast in the WC with some friends. One of them drank green tea and the other a cappuccino.  They always asked a server to bring them their drinks. They would get a pot of tea and the cappuccino as quickly as the server could gather it. Seems like sometimes they would join the table, ask the server and then go get their breakfast. Usually the tea would be waiting when they got back. 

• Like 1

Can you make an "American" coffee in the stateroom? Not espresso and water, but a legit cup o' Joe?

This will literally be a deal breaker for my wife if we can't get copious amounts of java in the AM. 

12 minutes ago, CKspring said:

Can you make an "American" coffee in the stateroom? Not espresso and water, but a legit cup o' Joe?

This will literally be a deal breaker for my wife if we can't get copious amounts of java in the AM. 

There is a Nespresso machine in all rooms above veranda.  The machine is really just an upscale Keurig that makes much better coffee.  You can get as many pods as you want, or bring your own (which is what I do as I like a darker roast).  If you bring your own, you want to find the pods that look like a thimble.
You can also order a carafe of coffee from room service, but IMO that coffee is pretty weak.  
Other alternatives are to send someone to World Cafe or the Living Room.  The coffee machine in WC makes a decent cup of coffee, LR barista made is better.  Try an Americano out of the machine.  

Not familiar with Nepresso I ordered the wrong pods from Amazon.  So I took my small 4 cup perk and used one pod (opened up and tossed into filter) with 2 cups of water.  Worked out great. So at least I will be able to use the pods up at home.  When I sail I will charter new coffee waters with the Nepresso provided. Not especially looking forward to the experience but there is always room service.

6 hours ago, lovetosew said:

Not familiar with Nepresso I ordered the wrong pods from Amazon.  So I took my small 4 cup perk and used one pod (opened up and tossed into filter) with 2 cups of water.  Worked out great. So at least I will be able to use the pods up at home.  When I sail I will charter new coffee waters with the Nepresso provided. Not especially looking forward to the experience but there is always room service.

I'm glad!

On Cruise Critic, this topic has been discussed ad naseum.  By now, all know it is the Original Nespresso pods that people need to bring!!    Works great.

So sorry you didn't see all those posts.