Unlimited Dining Package

Ciref

On 3/28/2022 at 8:21 AM, binro01 said:

I also have a longer recap of my use of the UDP on Allure of the Seas to be published tomorrow

Just published my review of the UDP on Allure of the Seas with a final tally of savings at the end of the video if anyone is interested 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On my 8 night Mariner of the Seas, here is what they are offering:

Unlimited Dining Package From $237.99 / per adult  -  UP TO 45% OFF (PRICE REFLECTS DISCOUNT)

Is this  a good deal?

37 minutes ago, pauly said:

Unlimited Dining Package From $237.99 / per adult  -  UP TO 45% OFF (PRICE REFLECTS DISCOUNT)

Is this  a good deal?

I've seen people talk about finding the lowest price at around $189/person (for a 7-night cruise, and since yours is an 8 night, that would translate to somewhere around $214-ish). 

Of course not every sailing will get offered the lowest price, and it may be something that's only offered around Black Friday or other holiday sales. $237 isn't too far off from $214 so it doesn't seem like a "bad" price. Not necessarily the best price though.

Edited by ARandomTraveler

32 minutes ago, pauly said:

Is this  a good deal?

It's a better deal that the current price of $245 for our 7-night cruise on Voyager, but I am not sure it's a truly "good" deal.  The smaller ships have fewer choices.  At least Mariner still has Johnny Rockets.

Can anyone confirm if it REALLY only covers lunch on sea days?  If we stayed on board and Izumi were open, or we popped over to Johnny Rockets/Playmakers, would we not be covered with the UDP?  I'm almost sure I remember doing this once on a Caribbean cruise, but can't quite remember.  I know when we've had the UDP we've always just assumed we're covered at any of those restaurants, any time they are open (but we do almost always get off when in port).

25 minutes ago, ocdb8r said:

Can anyone confirm if it REALLY only covers lunch on sea days?  If we stayed on board and Izumi were open, or we popped over to Johnny Rockets/Playmakers, would we not be covered with the UDP?  I'm almost sure I remember doing this once on a Caribbean cruise, but can't quite remember.  I know when we've had the UDP we've always just assumed we're covered at any of those restaurants, any time they are open (but we do almost always get off when in port).

The basic rule of thumb as far as lunch with UDP goes........ if it is open, it is available to use UDP for lunch. This includes port days where a venue like Playmakers, Johnny Rockets, or Sabor may open at 2 or 3 pm instead of at 5. If it is open, and it is a specialty restaurant, you can eat there and it is included. This includes the "upcharge" breakfast items at Johnny Rockets too.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ralphinsc said:

The basic rule of thumb as far as lunch with UDP goes........ if it is open, it is available to use UDP for lunch. This includes port days where a venue like Playmakers, Johnny Rockets, or Sabor may open at 2 or 3 pm instead of at 5. If it is open, and it is a specialty restaurant, you can eat there and it is included. This includes the "upcharge" breakfast items at Johnny Rockets too.

Thanks for that.  That answered a question that I was wondering.  I was trying to figure out when I could work out going to Johnny Rockets or Playmakers in when I don't have any sea days and didn't want to eat there on Embarkation Day.  

Is it possible to make a reservation before boarding though?  I know they suggest making dinner reservations as soon as you get on board, but I'm concerned with times I'm wanting to go will already be taken.  On the app it has a number you can call to change your reservations, can all the reservations be made before getting on board?

1 hour ago, ineed-a-vacation said:

Is it possible to make a reservation before boarding though?

No, not unless you are in a suite and the Concierge will make the rez for you (this is normally no problem but it depends on the ship).

• 2 weeks later...

Off of Odyssey with the unlimited package. We were able to use it at every venue (except Chef's table, which we did not try). That includes Giovanni's wine bar food & Playmakers. We were never charged an upcharge for Teppanyaki, which we ate at twice). 

We probably won't do it again because it was just too much food - but it is as advertised, everything you'd ever want.  

• Like 5

Considering the UDP for our Wonder cruise in December as long as the price comes down a bit... it's at $259 pp right now.  Question about reservations and multiple restaurants per night.  Can you have 2 dinner reservations for the same night?  Reason I ask is I would like to do Wonderland, but last time I did it, I was not full because some of the stuff was a little too strange.  My fiancé has never done it, so would love for him to experience it as well, but thinking he will want to eat something else afterwards.  I saw some people were able to just walk up to a restaurant and they seated them without much of a wait.  Is it possible to get 2 reservations for the same night or would the best bet be to just walk up after Wonderland and see if they can fit us in?

8 minutes ago, ulcards99 said:

Can you have 2 dinner reservations for the same night? 

Not sure about now, but in the past you could not have more than 1 reservation per evening.  I doubt that has changed but I don't have the true answer.  With staff shortages I would be concerned that you would be able to get into two separate venues for two full service meals in 1 evening but it's certainly worth a try.  I completely agree with you about Wonderland...the food is just too odd...but I love the World dessert !  We have (in the past) eaten at one of the specialties and then just dropped by Wonderland for dessert.  That was pretty nice !  Not sure if you can do that now or not.

1 hour ago, ulcards99 said:

Considering the UDP for our Wonder cruise in December as long as the price comes down a bit... it's at $259 pp right now.  Question about reservations and multiple restaurants per night.  Can you have 2 dinner reservations for the same night?  Reason I ask is I would like to do Wonderland, but last time I did it, I was not full because some of the stuff was a little too strange.  My fiancé has never done it, so would love for him to experience it as well, but thinking he will want to eat something else afterwards.  I saw some people were able to just walk up to a restaurant and they seated them without much of a wait.  Is it possible to get 2 reservations for the same night or would the best bet be to just walk up after Wonderland and see if they can fit us in?

You can have more than one reservation per night, your reservations just cant lapse.  I think they block off 2hrs per dinner reservation. If you're able to get the times you want, just make one early and one late.  

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know what is normally the latest reservation you can book at the specialty restaurants?  For example, it's showing that most of them close at 9:30 for our November Oasis sailing.  What would be the latest time we can book?  8?  9?