FLL airport to Miami Hotel(day before)

alpha0meqa

Hello all,

I'll be traveling with my aunt, my MIL, wifey and our two kids(2+4yrs old). We are landing in FLL as it's much cheaper than landing in Miami. However, not sure how to get from the FLL airport to Miami airport or to a miami hotel we have yet to book. 

Anyone have any experiences? I recall doing the tri-rail years ago, but that was pre-kids. That whole process of getting to the train,,,,then disembarking train to get to miami airport would probably be a nightmare with kiddos.

Thanks in advance!

31 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

check the Florida  board for info

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

A private car service might be worth the price  or stay in FLL then take  a service in the morning to the port

FLL hotels are usually cheaper than Miami  IME

Awesome! Thank you so much. I didn't know if it made more sense to stay in Miami the night before just in case traffic is terrible or who knows what happens in the 30min drive 

With 6 people and luggage I don't think Uber-X would be big enough. Look at a shuttle service, either private or shared. Some of them can provide car seats if you aren't bringing them for the 2 and 4 year olds.

I would stay at an airport hotel in Fort Lauderdale.  Shared shuttle companies have specific hotel stops so if you want to go that route, determine your shuttle first and then reserve the hotel. Alternatively, reserve a private shuttle to pick you up from any hotel.

There are lots of threads on this board about shared and private shuttles.  Start your research with them.

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

With 6 people and luggage I don't think Uber-X would be big enough. Look at a shuttle service, either private or shared. 

Yeah you're right, it could be a tight squeeze.  But you could split into two groups / two cars.  Still very reasonable $-wise.  The only reason I suggest it is for the flexibility on timing and comfort v a larger van or other shared ride arrangements.  That's just our preference.

But to your point, there are alternatives available that will work as this is done all the time between those two airports and ports.

Edited by leaveitallbehind