Boarding Times

Mrs f.

I see people posting that they picked x as their boarding time.

We have been on about 5 Oceania cruises and in the past one boarded by type of cabin they had. Did something  change that I didn't see?

Thanks.

Edited by Mrs f.
Typo

2 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

I see people posting that they picked x as their boarding time.

We have been on about 5 Oceania cruises and in the past one boarded by type of cabin they had. Did something  change that I didn't see?

Thanks.

The new boarding  process includes  registration  (online in your O account for that cruise), selection of an appointment embarkation time (during which you do pier-side Covid testing when required) and issuance of a boarding pass you print at home. Luggage tags still come by snail mail with the “blue book” weeks ahead and “final docs” (all but the boarding pass which is the new online step) arrive by email within a couple of weeks pre-Cruise.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The new boarding  process includes  registration  (online in your O account for that cruise), selection of an appointment embarkation time (during which you do pier-side Covid testing when required) and issuance of a boarding pass you print at home. Luggage tags still come by snail mail with the “blue book” weeks ahead and “final docs” (all but the boarding pass which is the new online step) arrive by email within a couple of weeks pre-Cruise.

My cruise is in two weeks and I have not received a “blue book” or luggage tags in the mail.  I’m not so sure they do that with every cruise now.  Everything is by email. 

The problem is that the blue book is mailed snail mail using a bulk mailer. Sometimes arrives after you have left home to travel to embarkation, especially when you depart several days early to spend some time on-shore pre-embarkation. 
The luggage tags are the only thing you’ll wish you had, although of course the porters will provide blanks for your use dockside. O’s luggage tags are sturdy and nice, but are disposable, not really a momento or keepsake.

The rest of the Blue book is spiffy marketing material, quite nice but just recycling material……

• Like 2

During these days of low ship capacity sailing, Oceania has altered some of its protocols to meet the times. Whether this specific procedure will continue after ships start sailing at or near capacity is yet tbd.

In its advertising, Oceania is still listing priority boarding as a benefit of cabin class. Once full(er) capacity cruising resumes, either the first come first serve sign up protocols, or it’s current advertising will have to change. Time will tell.