Cans of soda on the cheers package?

Jareds_mommytoo

13 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Did you tip?

Yes I tipped an additional 50 cents to $1 on every soda order depending on how quickly the bartender got to me and whether they gave me the whole can or not. I even carried dollar bills around with me, because some of the bartenders was accustomed to not getting tipped on sodas, so they didn't even give me the receipt to sign at times. Note, the issue with the bars is that there isn't always enough bartenders to assists everyone. There were others that wanted to order alcoholic beverages but had to wait the 30+ mins also because there was only 1 maybe 2 bartenders. What makes it worst is that the bartenders do not keep track who approached the bar first and would continue to help people who recently approached the bar vs others who have been waiting longer. For example, I was waiting next to a guy and his friend who only wanted cans of beer. After the 30+ minutes, he got irritated and yelled at the bartender that the 3 of us have been waiting over 30 minutes and that they needed to stop taking orders for people that just got there. It took the bartender less than 2 minutes to give us the sodas and beers and we ended up freeing up 3 bar stools once we got the drinks and left. Carnival can easily solve this by having a line for just beer and soda to move things along faster. Better yet, install more beer and soda fountains so that guest can get it themselves without having to bug a bartender for it. 

12 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Go to Java Blue.  I assume the Sunrise has one.  Unless you need your soda during the morning coffee rush, the wait is never too long.

Unfortunately, Java Blue on the Sunrise only had the Bubly cans. I wish it would be more like the Mardi Gras, where all the soda cans are available at Java Blue for grab and go.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mz-s said:

I don't care, I am stating the policy. Your experience varies, good for you. I don't care.

Just cruise on a ship that has a grab n go like the Vista and Excel Class and you pick your own can.  Cruise on an older ship and you may be stuck with fountain only.  I'm just stating what has happened to me personally on the newer ships in the fleet.  You get what you pay for and the ship you choose to sail on.

7 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Java Blue has to go next door to get cans so they just hand them out.  

Java Blue on the Mardi Gras as well as the Horizon have grab n go areas in which the consumer picks their own can.  The Horizon also has a small frig behind the counter with additional cans.  

Maybe the Java Blue you're referring to is on of the older ships in the fleet.  

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Java Blue on the Mardi Gras as well as the Horizon have grab n go areas in which the consumer picks their own can.  The Horizon also has a small frig behind the counter with additional cans.  

Maybe the Java Blue you're referring to is on of the older ships in the fleet.  

Correct.

On 2/21/2022 at 3:38 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

Seriously? Not a "whole" can? Sheesh. What if I ask for no ice? And how big is the glass? Can I bring my own? 

We bring our own glass, they fill with ice and either empty a whole can of drink into it, or open the can and hand it to me with my glass.  If we do not have our glass with us they give me a glass with ice and an opened full can of drink (Diet Mountain Dew for me). This info is current for the Breeze. We were on the Breeze three times since September. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Correct, Plus the fountain tastes better because hot soda over ice gets watered down badly

On my last 4 cruises, 2 on Horizon and two on Mardi Gras, never had to worry about getting hot soda.  Java Blue has them refrigerated.

As a side note, I tried the Diet Mt. Dew from the self serve fountain on Lido on the MG and the taste was off big time.  I had Cheers so I didn't care, but if I was paying full price it would be another story.

Guest BasicSailor
8 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

On my last 4 cruises, 2 on Horizon and two on Mardi Gras, never had to worry about getting hot soda.  Java Blue has them refrigerated.

As a side note, I tried the Diet Mt. Dew from the self serve fountain on Lido on the MG and the taste was off big time.  I had Cheers so I didn't care, but if I was paying full price it would be another story.

Dale Jr would have a fit..See the source image

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

i never used the Lido one I always went to the Bar Rosa across from the Italian place to get my soda fixes. Kind of hoping the two ladies who served me back in August and September on my B2B are still there for my cruise in ten days 

31 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

i never used the Lido one I always went to the Bar Rosa across from the Italian place to get my soda fixes. Kind of hoping the two ladies who served me back in August and September on my B2B are still there for my cruise in ten days 

I got a Pepsi Zero every morning while my husband got his coffee fix there.  Most of our favorite bartenders told us they were leaving the ship in January for a couple months.  Those we spoke with about it said they were hoping to return to Mardi Gras but didn't know for sure.  

42 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Besides JavaBlue there is a small frig in Cherry on Top that has some drinks which would give you deck six options besides Della Rosa on deck 8.

• 1 month later...

Just to provide current information for a specific ship. We were on the Horizon last week and ALWAYS got the full can. Sometimes they opened it and sometimes they didn't, but ALWAYS the full can, sometimes with a glass of ice.

We found the best place to get unopened cans in case you want to put it in your cabin fridge for later was Java Blue and the bar on 3 outside the dining room.

I have always gotten a full can of soda on any cruise I've been on.  I have no idea what "policy" mz-s is referring to.🙄

I have NEVER paid for a can of soda with Cheers.

Edited by hapytobehr

Just got off Mardi Gras on the 3/12-19 sailing.  Had Bottomless Bubbles.  Cans were not included.  However, you could use the drink fountains or bar.  Drink fountains would only disperse 12oz at a time and you had to wait something like 5 minutes to get more.  One of the fountains in the Lido is off, the other 3 were OK.  The fountains in Pig and Anchor were OK as well.

The Bartender at Center Stage would fill my Yeti with Diet Pepsi if I asked (Yep, I tipped him).

Please, Carnival, bring back Coke products!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off a VERY full Vista cruise over Spring Break (were told full-capacity) , never waited more than 5 minutes at any bar I was at for any drink, including cans of soda (Dr Pepper bc sailing out of TX). My wife and I had Cheers, the girls had BB, never once did they serve us anything less than a full can with a glass of ice. Of course, we always tipped cash with the signature (on top of the pre-paid gratuity), so maybe that had something to do with it?  

16 hours ago, ScubaDuck said:

Just got off a VERY full Vista cruise over Spring Break (were told full-capacity) , never waited more than 5 minutes at any bar I was at for any drink, including cans of soda (Dr Pepper bc sailing out of TX). My wife and I had Cheers, the girls had BB, never once did they serve us anything less than a full can with a glass of ice. Of course, we always tipped cash with the signature (on top of the pre-paid gratuity), so maybe that had something to do with it?  

Same with my recent experience on Dream out of Galveston. 

We had Cheers. My son had BB. Sometimes I ordered a can for him on my Cheers 

Always got the whole can or poured in a large glass over ice with all the contents.