Cans of soda on the cheers package?

Jareds_mommytoo

12 minutes ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

I know on the bottomless bubbles package its fountain soda, what about the cheers package can we get cans. I am not a huge fan of fountain. 

Yes, you can get canned Pepsi products from the bars with Cheers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

In my experience with the Bottomless Bubbles, you get a glass with ice and the soda poured from a room temperature can to fill the glass.  It’s not a whole can of soda.

Yes, Cheers and Bottomless Bubbles are by the glass programs. If you want a whole can, you will need to pay for it. Some bartenders will give you the whole can with Cheers or Bottomless Bubbles, but they're not supposed to.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Yes, Cheers and Bottomless Bubbles are by the glass programs. If you want a whole can, you will need to pay for it. Some bartenders will give you the whole can with Cheers or Bottomless Bubbles, but they're not supposed to.

Seriously? Not a "whole" can? Sheesh. What if I ask for no ice? And how big is the glass? Can I bring my own? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Seriously? Not a "whole" can? Sheesh. What if I ask for no ice? And how big is the glass? Can I bring my own? 

What's with the interrogation? You get an 8oz serving of soda with Bottomless Bubbles or Cheers. If you want more, then once you drink it you just order another one. Soda is unlimited with those programs.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

If you ask for no ice, I don’t know how much soda they would give you, but it would be room temperature.  The glasses are something like 12-14 oz (that’s a guess) and you get about half a can of soda.  In the past you could bring your own glass, but with covid I’m not sure whether you still can.

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

What's with the interrogation? You get an 8oz serving of soda with Bottomless Bubbles or Cheers. If you want more, then once you drink it you just order another one. Soda is unlimited with those programs.

You make ordering soda sound easy. Just got off the Sunrise today, sometimes it took over 30 minutes to get one. It was super frustrating as my family would be done with their meals while I was still waiting to get a damn soda at the bar.

5 hours ago, mz-s said:

I have not cruised in several years but on our last few cruises, we had the Bubbles packages and always got a full can of soda. A few times the cans where even chilled. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I have not cruised in several years but on our last few cruises, we had the Bubbles packages and always got a full can of soda. A few times the cans where even chilled. 

Yes, that was a looooog time ago

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruisingFromLA said:

You make ordering soda sound easy. Just got off the Sunrise today, sometimes it took over 30 minutes to get one. It was super frustrating as my family would be done with their meals while I was still waiting to get a damn soda at the bar.

Did you tip?

6 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

You can bring your own glass but the bartenders are still going to pour it into one of their clean glasses and hand it to you

10 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

Thank you. 

You can also get canned soda on those ships that have a Havana Bar from Cuba that are covered on Cheers.  If you're on the Mardi Gras, you can also get Abita Root Beer at Emeril's, Fortune Teller Bar and the Brass Magnolia Bar.

8 hours ago, mz-s said:

Bull.  Every single time I wanted a can of soda on the Horizon in 2018 and 2019 as well as my recent B2B on the Mardi Gras it was never a problem.  It was Coke Zero on the Horizon cruises and Pepsi Zero on the Mardi Gras.  Also got Pure Leaf Unsweetened Iced Tea on the MG. Of course the smart thing to do is go to the Java Blue Cafe to get your items, then you don't need to deal with bartenders, only baristas.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Go to Java Blue.  I assume the Sunrise has one.  Unless you need your soda during the morning coffee rush, the wait is never too long.

2 hours ago, jkneern said:

Yes, that was a looooog time ago

No, not at all.  How about last week. Just got off the Mardi Gras and got a full can whenever I wanted.   Just cruise on the newer builds in the fleet and you should not have a problem.  The Vista Class and Excel Class ships have Java Blue Cafes with refrigerated grab n go cases as well as sometimes a frig behind the counter.  Was also able to get items in the Cherry on Top on the Mardi Gras.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mz-s said:

On carnival’s webpage they say bottomless bubbles is 16 oz serving and juice is 10 oz. A can is only 8 lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

On carnival’s webpage they say bottomless bubbles is 16 oz serving and juice is 10 oz. A can is only 8 lol 

Cans are 12 ounces, you can easily get less than a full can if they fill the glass pretty full of ice before pouring the warm soda over ice.

Edited by mondello
Add
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Bull.  Every single time I wanted a can of soda on the Horizon in 2018 and 2019 as well as my recent B2B on the Mardi Gras it was never a problem.  It was Coke Zero on the Horizon cruises and Pepsi Zero on the Mardi Gras.  Also got Pure Leaf Unsweetened Iced Tea on the MG. Of course the smart thing to do is go to the Java Blue Cafe to get your items, then you don't need to deal with bartenders, only baristas.

I don't care, I am stating the policy. Your experience varies, good for you. I don't care.

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Java Blue has to go next door to get cans so they just hand them out.