VeriFLY help/Carnival from Galveston

lindya

I'm trying to sign up for VeriFLY and I have completed 2 of the 4 steps....We sail this Saturday so we will be testing this thursday.. step 3 is the test results that HAVE to be 48 hrs prior to the departure and step 4 (the health assessment) completed within 72 hours...so if the test is thursday, when would I have to complete step 4 by?  Is there a deadline for completing the health assessment?  I feel brain dead after rebooking this trip for the 4th time .  I'm probably overthinking it but keeping up with all the rules/changes, is exhausting.  I will be bringing all the documents in case the app is a bust but I want to try to do what is most convenient/expedient...thanks for any clarification you can offer.

12 minutes ago, lindya said:

I'm trying to sign up for VeriFLY and I have completed 2 of the 4 steps....We sail this Saturday so we will be testing this thursday.. step 3 is the test results that HAVE to be 48 hrs prior to the departure and step 4 (the health assessment) completed within 72 hours...so if the test is thursday, when would I have to complete step 4 by?  Is there a deadline for completing the health assessment?  I feel brain dead after rebooking this trip for the 4th time .  I'm probably overthinking it but keeping up with all the rules/changes, is exhausting.  I will be bringing all the documents in case the app is a bust but I want to try to do what is most convenient/expedient...thanks for any clarification you can offer.

I thought it was only being tested at port canaveral at this time

4 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Just do the health assessment at the 72 hour mark, even though you don't know the results of your covid test. When you check in, they ask you if any of your prior answers need to be updated. 

I think it won't let you move to the assessment (step 4) until your negative results (step 3)have been entered..I will see if that changes at the 72 hour mark...thank you

10 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

I thought it was only being tested at port canaveral at this time

Idk....I got the email to do it and the app processed my booking # and approved my covid shot record verification so who knows

I am cruising this Saturday out of Port Canaveral and got the Verifly app.  I uploaded a picture of my covid vaccination card. It required me to take a picture of myself.  When I do the proctored covid test on Thursday, I will upload that info.  Also, it shows the requirement to complete the health assessment within 72 hours of sailing.  

I also plan on bringing my vaccination card and paper copies of everything.  I shall see how it goes.  Hopefully, this will speed things up at the port.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

I wasted time and effort to use Verifly in PC on February 5.  Finally got it right and walked into the terminal with my phone in hand.  No special lines for Verifly.  Got to the check in desk and the clerk glanced at it once and asked for all of the info anyway.  I would have had that in hand instead of my phone, but had to dig for it in my carryon because I obediently used Verifly.  It slowed down the process instead of making it easier.  My advice is don’t bother with it, let someone else be the guinea pigs.

• Thanks 1

Such a poor application if you need to bring the documents with you . What if you have an inexperienced cruiser who does not bring his documents with him including vaccine cards, negative test results etc? Guess who is responsible? Carnival. and you can protest them denying you boarding for implementing such a shoddy application. Where is the warning on the VeriFly app that you must bring the documents with you to verify?

8 hours ago, travelplus said:

Such a poor application if you need to bring the documents with you . What if you have an inexperienced cruiser who does not bring his documents with him including vaccine cards, negative test results etc? Guess who is responsible? Carnival. and you can protest them denying you boarding for implementing such a shoddy application. Where is the warning on the VeriFly app that you must bring the documents with you to verify?

That information is in the email you receive from Carnival. From mine:

"Guests who complete the VeriFLY process completely must bring their VeriFLY pass with them (digital or printed) to embarkation in addition to their travel documents, original vaccine card, and physical or digital copy of test results."