Trip Cancellation Insurance Only

bohaiboy

Hi, we have two annual policies, both offer repatriation and one has substantial medical coverage plus our medical insurance covers us when traveling internationally also.  Most one trip policies I see are comprehensive and cover what we are already receiving from the above.  Has anyone ran across companies that will underwrite trip cancellation only policies?  Not looking for cancel for any reason.  TIA  BTW  USA based,

I was just doing that today for a cruise I just booked. I have an annual medical policy and needed to cover my cancellation should I fall ill. before sailing. Looked all over and finally went online to Aardy and called them. They  found one thru AIG that even though had a small medical , it did cover my cruise costs.   As I am a senior, , prices are not cheap,. but my 9 day cruise fare costs were much more..  

Edited by Missymo

36 minutes ago, bohaiboy said:

Has anyone ran across companies that will underwrite trip cancellation only policies?

No, they apparently do not exist.

The previous suggestion of looking for a comprehensive policy with minimal medical coverage that meets your needs is not a bad idea.  Just, make sure you understand the pre-existing conditions language.  If you have a pre-existing condition (based on the policy terms), see if you can qualify for a pre-existing conditions waiver.

You may also want to look at this recent thread.

6 hours ago, bohaiboy said:

Hi, we have two annual policies, both offer repatriation and one has substantial medical coverage plus our medical insurance covers us when traveling internationally also.  Most one trip policies I see are comprehensive and cover what we are already receiving from the above.  Has anyone ran across companies that will underwrite trip cancellation only policies?  Not looking for cancel for any reason.  TIA  BTW  USA based,

Hi Bohaiboy,

There are no trip cancellation only policies.

Steve Dasseos